Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Overall it's a decent bike BUT the fork is not so good.... I have an 08 thunderbird and it's been fun. Great for a starter definitely.

·
ultra member
187 Posts
I personally would spend the extra money to get an eastern nighttrain. The fork is much nicer, it is lighter, comes with hydraulic brakes, but is the exact same frame. I think you would be better off spending the extra money, plus the purple is only $850.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well if I could of afforded the step up of the Nighttrain I would of gone for it. But I'm a po' white boy in SW MO so.... Thunderbird it twas. And like I said before the fork is crap on the Thunderbird... Though not on the step up of the mighty Nighttrain. Basically it boils down to 1) how much of a "beginner" are you? If your a fresh newbie, a Thunderbird will do fine. If your an old schooler BMX guy who hasn't ridden' in over 5 years and wanted to try to get back in the saddle (like myself) your on the hinge. I kinda regret not stepping it up but over all I gotta good bike (w/ a crap fork. That I can upgrade in time.) Oh and than 2) how much $$ you wanna spend. If you can afford a nighttrain go for it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im gonna get the nighttrain i ride single track and used to do bmx back in the day. also were building a free ride section out here so i need something to try it out with:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.