Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is best? The 661 4X4, or the Fox Launch knee/shin guards?

I have some old Fox knee/shin guards that don't fit well and constantly slide down over my knees. Time for an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The Fox Launch has some weak sauce finicky plastic parts... I broke them in the first month when missing the tranny on a double. But it will stay in place as long as you don't break them.

The 661 is okay, but the straps dig in on all the wrong places. The velcro will be the itchiest part.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wyrm said:
The 661 is okay, but the straps dig in on all the wrong places. The velcro will be the itchiest part.
I have heard that from a couple other people too and that would get old quick. I'll give the Fox Launch stuff a try. Something that stays put is the biggest thing for me.

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
I have the new fox launch's. I love em. You can see from all the gouges out of em that I would be missing some kneecaps without em. I haven't used the 661 ones, but I also hear great stuff about Roach.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
roach/raceface are better then the both of those
Which raceface? I am trying to stick to the ones I can get through the lbs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used the 661 4X4's for a few years and I liked them for trail riding and slow speed stunts and drops.The wrap around protection saved my calves from many pedal slips.The downside I found with them is higher speed crashes,they would slide down and expose my knees.So last year I went searching for new pads with a hard plastic shell that would slide a little better over rocks and dirt and not move and tear up my knees.I tried various brands but ended up getting the Fox Launch pads.They fit great,and most importantly,they don't move.I recommend them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.