Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Love it, you have just made up my mind, new DWL will be ordered by the end of the week.
Excellent....it's a very cool bike.
maybe its the light but that thing looks like it got a pearessent bath. nice!
It's my professional photo skills! :thumbsup:

Gorgeous build!

Is that Fox 36 stock?
Thanks....and of course it's stock.....we don't work on 36 Forks;)

That stem is longer than most of trailadvents posts!
Now 90mm stems aren't cool? Man I'm so off the back!:)
can I ride it on friday when I come up there?
I am bringing beer!
Bring New Belgium's new seasonal Giddy Up and you've got yourself a deal! :thumbsup:

Darren

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Good to see these DWs build up much prettier than the bare frame suggests. That's a sweet looking spot Darren!

I was initially concerned how the elevated rear triangle would look with wheels on but I can see it looks great!

·
George Dickel
371 Posts
The DW bikes do look better as completes. Also, I really like the new downtube stickers. Anyone know if/when Turner will make them available? Then I can pretend my Spot is "new and improved."

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
That thing's gonna get you laid for sure!:thumbsup:

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
ORVH said:
The DW bikes do look better as completes. Also, I really like the new downtube stickers. Anyone know if/when Turner will make them available? Then I can pretend my Spot is "new and improved."
Call Turner. I'm sure they'll sell you a set of decals. If not jncarpenter can always make a set for you darned near anyway you like, including replicas.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Copying my choice of tires now?

PUSHIND said:
So it took a little longer than expected to get it together, but.....voila!:thumbsup:

Darren
Looking good, Darren, but you have to stop copying me on parts spec - first I get an '09 TALAS 36 and then you do. Now, the tires - I have been riding those UST Big Betty 2.4's for a month now. :D (Great tires without the weight penalty of the Maxxis Minion UST's.)

What's next? A PUSH'ed shock? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
PUSHIND said:
Thanks....and of course it's stock.....we don't work on 36 Forks;)
Should you ever change your mind I have a fork I want to send to you :D

Those tires look freakin' huge!

Nice build!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That thing's gonna get you laid for sure!
My wife concurs.

Beautiful
I think so, thanks.

Also the best looking DW link Turner I've seen so far..Is that raw? Can 5"8 ride a large?
Thanks...better in person! 5'8" would be tough I think.

Looking good, Darren, but you have to stop copying me on parts spec - first I get an '09 TALAS 36 and then you do. Now, the tires - I have been riding those UST Big Betty 2.4's for a month now. (Great tires without the weight penalty of the Maxxis Minion UST's.)

What's next? A PUSH'ed shock?
LOL...well, I can assure you that few people had the new 36 TALAS before me, I ran Big Betty's on my original 6 Pack, and the shock has internals not brought to market yet..........yup, I win! :thumbsup: Oh wait....are your pivot bushings stock? :D:eek:

Should you ever change your mind I have a fork I want to send to you

Those tires look freakin' huge!

Nice build!
36 forks are most likely coming spring '09 and the tires rule in this part of the world.

Darren

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
PUSHIND said:
36 forks are most likely coming spring '09 and the tires rule in this part of the world.

Darren
Most excellent info on the 36.

I only commented on the Bettys because they make the Stouts I normally run look puny. I think I will need to order some up!

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
trailadvent said:
Nice rig all the same, just can't get used to triple rings anymore :confused: :thumbsup:
Some of us like to go fast all the time - not just downhill.:p

1 - 20 of 98 Posts