Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
45 gone, 15 to go
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am done with school. Forever.

I was done with my last batch of finals last Friday and since I have been working on this paper that has eaten up the last 15 months. I was up until 4am working on getting the last editing done and correcting all of the footnotes. It was a weird feeling to be finally done with school. Graduation is in a couple of weekends but once I took a nap it was time to finally get a ride in!

My true 29er was torn apart and I am waiting on the mail for couple of significant additions. I threw together my cross bike and rode set up SS style. It was also the first ride since an Appendectomy a couple of weeks ago. It was sort of hard going at first and I got a flat within the first 200 yards, but from there on it was great. Riding a cross bike on normal mountain bike trails is sort of a challenge and a sort of a blast. By the way, S3 tubes and cross bikes mix very well together.

Here are some pics from near Scappoose Oregon:

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
wow! as someone who has wasted soo much time on this board that i actually remember when you were applying for school i'd like to congradulate you. Now get out there and sue someone:D ooops, i mean ride your bike:thumbsup:

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
Congrats.

Ride lots now.

Time is much harder to come by after you are in the legal field full force. My advice - put some slicks on your 29er and start commuting. Good source of precious miles.

Good luck!

LP

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Law said:
you mean I have to get a job?

Damn

Going riding again today.
You might want to think about passing a bar first. Obtaining a conviction for practicing law without a license is not a good way to start a legal career. Congrats on graduating. Unless your daddy has a position set up for you at his firm, or you were in the top half of your class, the next few years might be a bit tough.

·
45 gone, 15 to go
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quasi said:
You might want to think about passing a bar first. Obtaining a conviction for practicing law without a license is not a good way to start a legal career. Congrats on graduating. Unless your daddy has a position set up for you at his firm, or you were in the top half of your class, the next few years might be a bit tough.
thanks cap'n obvious:thumbsup:

Barbri starts Monday. Bar exam in July. No job yet, at least no one that I want. I have one option to go to Virginia, but I am not a big fan of NoVa and DC.

I think I am just going to try and get a job at a bike shop, supposedly most lawyers are miserable according to what everyone tells me. I just went to school to get the nice piece of paper they give you. Kinda spendy paper though.

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
Law said:
I think I am just going to try and get a job at a bike shop, supposedly most lawyers are miserable according to what everyone tells me.
I don't think most lawyers are miserable, I just think they are over ambitious. I think we work hard to do well in undergrad, then work hard to take a good place in law school and then when we get out we kill ourselves to do well in a firm. The problem is that the go attitude can really lead to imbalance in other parts of your life. Same goes for hardcore bike racers I think.

Anyway, I think the key to a successful legal career is balance. I've got good buddies from law school that are making 1.5 times the money I am currently, but are 20lbs heavier and smoke 2 packs a day. Not saying that's typical....but something to consider.

Seriously, good luck, just try to keep your focus and remember, bike = therapy :thumbsup:

LP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts