Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey! i got a brand new 07 Domain 318 180mm version, i am gonna sell it to a buddy for his 07 Cannondale Prophet, and in it's 180mm version it's axle to crown is a bit to high for the bike, i've heard/read and searched all over the sram website, aswell as the manuals on how to reduce it to 160 and not having much luck, can anyone enlighten me on how to reduce the travel on this fork ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I reduced the travel in my 318 domain 180mm to 160mm, however, I also had an extra Domain 302, 160mm when I did it. I wanted a 1.5 steer tube for my Nomad, found a good deal on a 1.5 steer tube 318 180mm and bought it. It had compression and rebound, but my 302 160mm had travel adjust, which is a nice feature. I took both forks apart, and switched the springs and cartridges, including the travel adjuster. So now I have a 318 160mm with travel adjust, compression and rebound....and I have a 302 180mm (1.8 inch steer tube) with rebound only. You may be able just call and order the 160mm springs and cartridges from sram and bring er' down.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
umm...if you're sticking with fixed travel, you will need to buy a new spring shaft. spring, dampers, and top cap are the same. check the parts catalog for the domain and you'll see two spring shafts for 160 and 180 respectively.

u-turn would probably be more expensive, and would just be a complete catridge-assembly that you would buy from sram.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.