Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the tech manual front to back, but it tends to lump a bunch of forks together when talking about fork service and spring replacement. To lazy at the moment to dive into the fork:D , but was wondering if the whole fork needed to be disassembled before replacing the spring? Or could I just remove the cap and swap them out? Basic RS Domain 302...just rebound, no u-turn or preload.

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
very simple. Remove the cap, find the ball bearings and springs you just dropped, unbolt the top of the spring, flip the fork, catch the oil you are spilling on the floor, unbolt the bottom of the spring half way, tap bolt with hammer, remove bolt and put new spring in.

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
Not sure about the 302

but I have the 318 180 mm version. The top cap just screws out and you swap springs.

By the way, I guess the stock comes with medium springs. I swapped for the firm springs because I weight 200lbs. They are way too stiff. I did the same on my Boxxer. Both, went back to the stock mediums.

REEK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.