Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the call from Jack today. There is an Atlas Expert sitting in the IBEX warehouse with my name on it! The bike was originally slated to be used as a test bike for an upcoming review in Dirt Rag magazine, but Dirt Rag has chosen to review the Atlas Sport instead. Being first on the list for the bike, Jack offered it up, and it took about a nanosecond to say SHIP IT!!!! Looks like I’ll be receiving my shipping confirmation in the next day or so, as I’ve upgraded the fork to one of the Minute’s they have in the warehouse, and Ibex still has to install it. I should have the bike here in time for me to get it dialed in for a ride next weekend (no kids next weekend…wooohooo!).

I’ll be taking the bike to Ray’s MTB Indoor Park in Cleveland on the weekend of February 24th/25th (my birthday weekend, btw) and putting it through its paces so that I can come back to the forums with a comprehensive review of the bike for others.

I’m at home today nursing a pulled muscle in my back, so you can imagine this was news that made my day. I am sooooooooooooo psyched!!!!

Bob

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me...? Post pics...?

Naaaaaah....not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
A thank you to Jack and Dirt Rag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippie-i-o...

Right on Bob :thumbsup:
Your excitement is coming through my monitor and dripping down on my keyboards..:lol:

From the sound of thing the delivery should be at an opportune time..This is too cool :D

Congratulations, you deserve this..Ordering 1st doesn't hurt either :p
>>>>.........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:ihih:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.........>>>>>>>>>>>>>......>>>>>>>Jake

PS>>>>>>>:rant: No PICTUREs :incazzato:

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's great news..can't wait to hear the ride report. I hope you're kidding about not posting pics. That would be torturous as I wait another six weeks for my Expert. Any idea when the Dirt Rag review on the Sport will appear?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics are coming

Oh believe me, I was only teasing about pics! You'll get a complete walkthrough of the build, and plenty of shots of the final product to include the blingy bits I have waiting for it here at the house. I'll report back (with pics) on the dial in ride and will definitely include pics from Ray's!!

Bob

·
Company CSR
1,027 Posts
michdad said:
That's great news..can't wait to hear the ride report. I hope you're kidding about not posting pics. That would be torturous as I wait another six weeks for my Expert. Any idea when the Dirt Rag review on the Sport will appear?
I'm sorry we did not have any other Atlas bikes in early to accommodate additional orders. But, Bob was the first in with an order for a 16.5"... and it just happened that Dirt Rag choose to change to an Atlas Sport for the review. It means they'll be waiting until March to get the bike for the test. I don't know which issue that will come out in, but I'm guessing it will be somewhere in late Spring or early Summer given the typical lead time for magazine tests.

I was told that Dirt Rag's most recent issue has an article about purchasing bikes online. Has anyone read it yet? I have to run out and pick up a copy later today, so I don't know what the tone of that article is like. They said there is a sidebar with a list of sources for purchasing bikes online, including IBEX. Between that and knowing Dirt Rags reputation for integrity, I suspect that it's a little more even-handed than the MBA article on the IBEX Asta Expert last October that degenerated into something of a blanket criticism of online purchasing (even though the bike itself was rather well received).

Also, watch for a blurb in the latest Dirt Rag issue concerning PMBA... the new Philadelphia chapter of IMBA that I understand Bob was instrumental in creating (did I get that right Bob?).

Anyway, it goes without saying that I'm extremely excited about getting the review... whenever it may hit the stands!

Best regards,
Jack A.
IBEX Bicycles

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pmba

ibexbikes said:
Also, watch for a blurb in the latest Dirt Rag issue concerning PIMBA... the new Philadelphia chapter of IMBA that I understand Bob was instrumental in creating (did I get that right Bob?).

Best regards,
Jack A.
IBEX Bicycles
You are correct about PMBA. A group of Philadelphia area riders got together and decided to start a club. I have been involved from the first meeting, and was on committees that evaluated the issue of becoming an IMBA Chapter (we're going to be the first IMPBA "Chapter") as well as the Web Site Committee and the Executive Structure Committee. Believe me, there are a lot of people who worked harder than I did in getting this thing off the ground! I hope that my most significant contribution to the group will be remembered as guiding them through how the executive structure would look, and developing the job descriptions for the president, VP, Treasurer and Secretary. (I've run a non-profit before and used that model as the basis for my recommendations). They agreed on my recommendations and the elections will be held on Tuesday. It is a very exciting thing to be a part of and I'm looking forward to helping the club grow!

As for the Dirt Rag blurb, one of their reporters attended our January meeting and spoke with the meeting facilitator (a fellow named Lou Harris, who has helped tremendously in keeping the club's momentum going) spoke with him to give him some insight into who we are, and how we came about. I believe the information was placed on the Dirt Rag online publication immediately, but I'm curious to see if it made it into print

Bob

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
oooooo... congrats CmC!!! And finally... an Ibex going to a real biking magazine... MBA, sheeeesh... hahahaha

Now i guess people will be able to get a more honest opinion not so influenced by marketing crap. Cant wait for the issue... it's going to be tight

·
Registered
739 Posts
Call_me_Clyde said:
Oh believe me, I was only teasing about pics! You'll get a complete walkthrough of the build, and plenty of shots of the final product to include the blingy bits I have waiting for it here at the house. I'll report back (with pics) on the dial in ride and will definitely include pics from Ray's!!

Bob
I also wanna see a video of you doing a happy dance!!!!!!

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No you don't!!!

txjohng said:
I also wanna see a video of you doing a happy dance!!!!!!
LOL...that would surely turn this forum's collective stomach!!

Bob

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pics/review coming

Jbman said:
I'm thinking that the least you could do is give us some pictures, ride impressions and reviews. I starved for more Atlas information and pictures.

Jack B
Jack, I promise there will be a ton of pics and as comprehensive a review as I can give. I'll give one from next weekend's ride and another one when I get back from Ray's.

Bob

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.