Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
Dogs are generally allowed on any national forest trail, although they're supposed to be leashed. It gets pretty crowded there on the weekends, but if your pooch sticks right with you I'd say you'd be okay during the week.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Would not recommend it on Corral unless you have a very well trained trail dog that is on your wheel the entire time. Over the years I have seen close to a half-dozen crashes from dogs on the trail and twice as many near misses. People like to barrel down Corral and Sidewinder so it gets busy fast, add the addition of the table tops and jump section at the very bottom and now everyone is loving to shuttle the area (especially after a year of the road being closed for reconstruction of the watersheds and whatnot last year).

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
There allowed locals take em all the time out there, dogs have there own route down cutting though, funny to see them waiting on the trail below when last time you saw them they were behind ya. If your dog is well behaved, go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Could also do the Angorra Trails out near Fallen Leaf. Heard great things about those but no information on how busy they are. With school starting in a couple weeks for a lot of kids the campgrounds and trails will probably be packed for the next few weeks while everyone gets in their last camping trips... only a few more weeks before the tourists leave... thank god.

·
Registered
98 Posts
GunMount is back open? Tried finding it a few years ago but the fire there a few years further back, couldn't find it.
It's been open since at least 2015 when we bought one of the homes that burnt and was rebuilt. I think the north end north of the water tank near the Mule Deer Connector intersection was fixed somewhere around that time. Mule Deer itself was just completed in the last 2-3 years. The south end of Gun mount never burned. The middle part can get really confusing with all the unofficial trails branching in many directions.

It's more of a community trail than a drive-worthy destination, but it's good for dogs, and you can make a loop of it through the old Washoe Meadows state park with a couple of short road sections, which makes it about 10 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.