Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Came back from Durango for the eighth year. I have three dogs and fosters. I stay at Junction creek for twenty day's a year. What's the deal with off color dogs on the trail? One bit my leg and another ran at my leashed dog not one but three time untill I lost it. Why must owners think they are blue ribben oweners for off leashed dogs. I love dogs and love them more under a watchfull owner. I know and agee must of the dogs are great. However, bikers hickers and others don't all love dogs like we do. Can't there be a balance off freedom and control. When I come up on owners and dogs I don't know what too expect. I can only think what people see when I come up with my animal 100 ponds of tail dog up on them and he is leashed to my bike. Three time in my own camp site had problems with dogs not leashed. I turned them in to camp host. There was a sign that says all dogs must be leashed but 1 out of ten followed it.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
That's why I carry. Not for the dogs. There are no bad dogs, just bad dog owners. Why is it, that if I burn a cuban, the dog owners cry about second hand smoke, but I seem to have no right to complain about second hand dog? Don't inflict your life choice on me and I wont beat you with a crowbar, until you bleed out your ears.

Thank you. Come again. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wow your spelling is worse then mine(thats saying a lot). I'm not sure what you are saying exactly. In Telluride region most people ride with there dogs not leashed(even in town). My dog personally has logged a couple hundred miles of single track this year. She is only 40 lbs and does not have a mean bone in her body. Of course if I was in a formal campsite she would be leashed. I also would be surprised if anyone could ride single track with a dog attached to there bike(if you can thats one well trained dog and you must be a hell of a rider). I might be confused with what you are saying. I feel that too many dogs do roam free. But if you have a well natured dog on trails that are not busy I don't see the problem of off leash.
Just my two cents
BSG

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
dog's off leash

I do ride with my dog tybo on a leash and yes, am a good 560 miles in 30 day's. Yes, all off rode. In durango. When I stoped for walkers some would say that was a first, too let them pass. From people who live there. I think too many people who post check spelling not form.Again, the lady who's dog bit my leg said that had never happened while I sat my dog down. P.S. I love durango and the people. Two dog were shot in my home town this week. They were off leash and owned by home less people . One of the dogs came at a officer and he shot the animal.

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
Just because the dogs you met off-leash were clueless doesn't make every dog out there badly trained.

I ride with my dog off leash in the mountains and she has met plenty of dogs, people, kids and even horses and never once caused a problem - simply because she is trained not to. In fact she is better than many people at getting off single track and out of the way for both oncoming or come from behind traffic.

Not entirely sure what you are trying to say to in regard to dogs off leash around town though - that is just plain stupid and in many places likely to see the dog picked up and taken to the pound.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never said any such word about town. You shoud know in town too put your dog on a leash that would be stupid not too. Off trail the other people and enviroment will love you for it and I won't get bite.

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
tybo said:
Never said any such word about town. You shoud know in town too put your dog on a leash that would be stupid not too. Off trail the other people and enviroment will love you for it and I won't get bite.
I didn't understand this bit.
tybo said:
Two dog were shot in my home town this week for off leash home less people ..

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
tybo said:
In durango when I stoped for walkers they would say that was a first, too let them pass. From people who live there.
That is a bull **** statement and I live in Durango.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
tybo said:
My typing not so great. I thank too many people who post check spelling not form.
Sorry dude, but you got neither spelling OR form. These posts are painful to read and pretty hard to understand.

If you got a message, writing it so people can actually understand it is a much better way to get it across...

·
Registered
520 Posts
I to hvae had encuoters wtih caienes on trials but biening a pateince pesron I fuond out taht you can cacth mroe flys wtih hnoey tahn vingear.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That last post was geat. Bottom line leash or don't leash just watch your animal. P.S palerider here's some help it's( found,that,catch, more and than). Stop typing with one finger. Hope I win me me.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Well, now. Websters.com defines leach:
–verb 1. to dissolve out soluble constituents from (ashes, soil, etc.) by percolation.
2. to cause (water or other liquid) to percolate through something.

I have never felt the need to do this to any animal (not even when my dog is REALLY dirty). So I guess it is no leaching for me.

(-:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mtbr beware stalkers of grammer are on the web. Thanks webster. On a leash or not some do some don't. I have learned it's all in the owner. No bad dogs just bad owners. Thanks for the spell check and the web lesson.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think this is my favorite thread on this site. Tybo....seriously man, don't be mad at people correcting you, they are just trying to help. I know its hard when you drop out of high school and have the grammer equivalent of a 3 year old. I honestly am not a fan of the grammer correctors, however when the only "to" you know (to, too, two) is too, it gets really really annoying. I'm done flaming.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Personal attacks too. Thanks for the post. Had nuthing about dogs off leash. Note there are a few dog attacks in the news now. P.S. for not knowing me you come off strong. Hope you are done flaming. My point realy never got across however, my spelling did get allot of reaction and red pen. Anyway, I will again run, walk ride with ty on leash.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Justin a kid on my street is M.R am not. He was walking his dog . His dog was killed down my street by a pit not on a leash. Riped his heart out took three cops one officer is my best friend to stop the attack. That's just one reason for a leash. Justin still passes my house walking a new lab geat to see. I don't care what you say. I thought these forums were for talking and trading ideals not statments like that. I have a reason for my dog being on a leash others might not agree that ok.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Woof

Woof, Woof, Dogs rule!.. I think it's pretty cruel to leash a dog to your bike while riding singletrack. If yourself or the dog have not been injured by this yet, the time is coming.

Riding long distances with your furry friend is also harder on your pooch than you might think. Sure some smaller, lighter dogs can handle this intensity , but I when I see an 85lb lab stumbling down the trail about to pass out, that's enough... Dogs need exercise, but they do have limits. Trust me I am an activities expert. Don't believe me? Checkout my website grabyournuts.com.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
That is funny stuff. Ty me and Sarah were good. Might take you up on some lessons. Do you know how too spell. Seems I can't. Anyway, never been hurt with ty have fallen without him . I just take the dog's on short rides or loops never 20 miles or something. See ya

1 - 20 of 36 Posts