Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recall if dogs were allowed at the mountain's base area during last year's race? I would assume not (and would definitely assume no dogs allowed on the mountain) but for some reason I seem to recall seeing a few dogs while I was up there.

We have a puppy who'll be 7 months and we are debating whether to find a friend to watch him or bring him for the weekend this coming July.

·
a once and future expert
86 Posts
I thought the same thing last year and left my pup at home... But dogs were EVERYWHERE - people who camped, stayed in RV's - MANY MANY dogs. it didn't seem like they enforced any "no dogs" rule if there was one.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
mptango said:
Not so sure there is going to be a race there this year..... You might want to check with Windham about that.
I was under the impression 2010 was going to be a one time thing, but I hope I'm wrong. I don't recall seeing any dogs, at least not on the mountain. Good luck getting an answer by email, myself and a lot of peeps here on mtbr have never gotten any responses to theirs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have been working there for five years during the winter. Every winter there are dogs there with thier owners. I worked the world cup last year and we have it for the next three year the marketing dept manager tells me. Working their has its perks, lift service for the staff the week after.

·
Registered
810 Posts
ammo91 said:
i have been working there for five years during the winter. Every winter there are dogs there with thier owners. I worked the world cup last year and we have it for the next three year the marketing dept manager tells me. Working their has its perks, lift service for the staff the week after.
I don't know how much your marketing manager cares what people think about Windham or not but here are some threads from last year about some things people were frustrated about. The thread with all the pics you have to scroll down a little to see what I mean.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=619336

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=647168

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah i saw those posts last year. last october my old boss (now the marketing manager and the guy i get my info from. BTW the old marketing guy cared about nothing and was a azzhole) is in charge this year and is an avid biker and so is his frineds so i can only expect thm to be more friendly. i truthfully dont know where emails go to there. im a welder and its my weekend seasonal job. As for windham being a mtn bike resort well its not in the near future im told. the big wigs think it wont bring in enough money. but thats what there all about money. there are many of us and locals trying to push to get lift assist runs. as for the course, ive been told that if you want to ride it go for it no one is gonna say anything. Ive seen many people ride it during the summer. i cant wait til this years event.

·
Registered
810 Posts
ammo91 said:
yeah i saw those posts last year. last october my old boss (now the marketing manager and the guy i get my info from. BTW the old marketing guy cared about nothing and was a azzhole) is in charge this year and is an avid biker and so is his frineds so i can only expect thm to be more friendly. i truthfully dont know where emails go to there. im a welder and its my weekend seasonal job. As for windham being a mtn bike resort well its not in the near future im told. the big wigs think it wont bring in enough money. but thats what there all about money. there are many of us and locals trying to push to get lift assist runs. as for the course, ive been told that if you want to ride it go for it no one is gonna say anything. Ive seen many people ride it during the summer. i cant wait til this years event.
My post wasn't meant to bust your [email protected] at all, I realize you are just a season worker. I'm glad the new marketing guy is a biker - my biggest complaint is that I just wanted someone to answer my questions on whether I could ride the course before I drove an hour out there.

I agree with them, I don't think Windham would make money as a mtn. bike resort. Just not enough people in the area that will keep it running financially.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
no problem. i didnt think you were busting 'em, no worries. I get pissed when people dont email me back. then i usually call them. like i said though i've seen people on it all the time and are pretty sure its fine. good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts