Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
living together...mass hysteria!

Turner and Ellsworth riders can get along. Ron (CrashTheDOG), Mark and I revisited Gooseberry Mesa today. Ron and Mark ride Turners, I've got a Moment. Mark was wheelie dropping every 4 footer in sight. Ron and I were a little more subdued. Thanks Ron for being sick. It slowed you down just enough so I could barely hang today. The following pics are of Ron (except the last one of course). Mark was always too far ahead to get any pics.

Here are our bikes (Moment and 5 Spot) getting along just fine.

There was some serious mud on the way out. We crabbed sideways about as much as we pointed forward when we blasted through the muddy parts. The front wheel of my bike was situated in the spray and caught much of the thrown mud as you can see.

The following three shots are from a video capture. A climb at Gooseberry involves several tech moves strung together. This climb is one of the hardest for me. None of us cleaned it in one go this time. Both Mark and Ron did last week.

Here are a couple of shots of Ron giving a higher part of that same climb another try.

For Turner board enthusiasts, here's some of our southern Utah coyote dookie. It's full of rabbit hair. If you don't understand the reference, do a search for "scat." It makes for an entertaining read.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Nice trails BTW keep those coming nice to see, must post some 2 next time.
How is yr 36 going now that you have put some more miles into her.
Plus what tyres you running on yr Moment..

Also like the look of that 5 spot with the Bomber fork very nice plus he seems to be running a nice spec he looks like hes running Nevagals?, I think the Moment & yr 36 is still the bomb..

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trailadvent said:
Nice trails BTW keep those coming nice to see, must post some 2 next time.
How is yr 36 going now that you have put some more miles into her.
Plus what tyres you running on yr Moment..

Also like the look of that 5 spot with the Bomber fork very nice plus he seems to be running a nice spec he looks like hes running Nevagals?, I think the Moment & yr 36 is still the bomb..
The 36 is working great. I really like the fork and I haven't found the situation where I felt I needed to shorten the travel, but I will likely dial it down this summer when I head for the mountain trails and their long climbs.

Crash was running Nevagals front and rear. I'm running WTB Motoraptor 2.4's. I like them for local fun riding. They generally grip well, and their round profile works well on slickrock off camber sections. Yesterday we had quite a bit of water on the trail. The tires would be coated with sand on some of the trickier slickrock sections, so I spun the tires more than I would have liked. I'm not sure what would have worked better, because even a stickier compound would have picked up sand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.