Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all & a happy New Year to you all

I went out this morning for a New Year's day blast in the woods but it only lasted 5 minutes due to the dogbone on my 07 575 failing
Now I'm 99% sure it must have been something I've done wrong as it was my first ride after a full linkage rebuild + shock service but I can't figure out where I went wrong.
Everything was free & moving well & all bolts were tightened to the correct torque & this was again confirmed when I stripped it down.
Has anyone seen any damage like this before? & would maybe know what caused it?

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
if you followed the instructions and used a torque wrench, then it probably wasn't your fault. My dogbone has a couple of suspicious hairline marks that may or may not be from the machining process. I inspect it after every ride.
it's interesting how part of the dog bone bent out (by the allen bolts) while the other side snapped in the last picture.

·
gnuH
1,164 Posts
Did you use the correct bearings? Maybe the bearing outside diameter was to small?

Are you reading the right units on the torque wrench?

At least the dogbone is quick and cheap to replace. Although it would good to know why it happened so it doesn't agian.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.