Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My leg was humped by several dogs this weekend while walking the Wildwood Trail, it's really getting out of hand up there. In defense of the owners, both did call out as the dogs approached "it is ok, my dog does not hump legs", but both dogs immediately mounted my leg. It took several attempts to release my leg from the dogs grasp, needless to say, I did get away.

·
Known Mountainbiker
873 Posts
I heard that ALL dogs are NEVER happy or healthy unless they're humping legs so just accept it. I know this because I humped over 500 legs and I know several other leg humpers. Also, I'm happy and healthy so it is fact. Do not disagree with me.

Caz

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Is Oregon Field Guide going to do an expose soon?Maybe that idiot from the parks dept. can give her "opinion " on leg humping.500 legs...I am impressed Caz!

·
Known Mountainbiker
873 Posts
I like this thread and it got me thinking about how people will actually blame the victim of a dog bite just like they blame victims of rape and how these people cannot accept that there is no grey area in either case.

Then I got to thinking about the idea of carrying dog treats to toss out like anti heat seeking missle flares and what one would need to carry to prevent leg humping.

But I guess since I've humped over 500 legs...I should be the authority.

Caz

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,350 Posts
NastyNick said:
I guess I will have to ride a tandem with meat filled mannequin legs attached to the rear pedals!
LOL! I'm serious -- I actually laughed out loud!

Let's all do whatever we need to do in order to make the dog owner's life -- or irresponsible dog owner's life (since we usually can't tell the difference until it's too late) -- easier.

Buy dog treats -- check.
Carry dog treats -- check.
Take dog sensitivity classes -- check.
Spend time around dogs, whether you want to or not -- check.
Don't look like a moving target -- check.
Don't be agressive -- check.
Don't be timid -- check.
Don't yell "NO" unless it's the right thing to do -- check.
Don't hit the dog, even it's in the middle of the trail --check.
If bitten, take your time and get all info from the dog owner -- check.
Stay calm, you can get yourself to the hospital later -- check.
Maybe bring some human treats for the owner, too -- check.

Okay, I made that last one up.

--sParty

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sparticus said:
LOL! I'm serious -- I actually laughed out loud!

Let's all do whatever we need to do in order to make the dog owner's life -- or irresponsible dog owner's life (since we usually can't tell the difference until it's too late) -- easier.

Buy dog treats -- check.
Carry dog treats -- check.
Take dog sensitivity classes -- check.
Spend time around dogs, whether you want to or not -- check.
Don't look like a moving target -- check.
Don't be agressive -- check.
Don't be timid -- check.
Don't yell "NO" unless it's the right thing to do -- check.
Don't hit the dog, even it's in the middle of the trail --check.
If bitten, take your time and get all info from the dog owner -- check.
Stay calm, you can get yourself to the hospital later -- check.
Maybe bring some human treats for the owner, too -- check.

Okay, I made that last one up.

--sParty
Excellent list!The only thing that you forgot was to blame Nat for everything.The "dogs" can smell his "guilt" from three switchbacks away.

·
Registered
177 Posts
In the future, please post these notices from your phone while at Wildwood and the event is happening. It's really disappointing to hear that there were a bunch of leg humping dogs in one area and the rest of us didn't find out in time to go and enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.