Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I live to bike
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several customers over the last couple years purchase bicycles based solely on the whether the bike's color matched their truck. My first reaction is always, "But you won't be riding your bike on top of your truck, will you?" No, but when traveling, it's got to match! (I don't think I've had anyone want to match their bike to their car)

'Course, as long as I can come up with the right color, I usually have an easy sale of a high-end long travel dh rig--I simply point to all the suspension and say the bike has already been "lifted."!

So, who's bike matches their truck?








(ok, I was kidding about the "lift" thing, but it really does boggle my mind that people would care that their bike matches their truck; I find it humurous)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Jwiffle said:
I have had several customers over the last couple years purchase bicycles based solely on the whether the bike's color matched their truck. My first reaction is always, "But you won't be riding your bike on top of your truck, will you?" No, but when traveling, it's got to match! (I don't think I've had anyone want to match their bike to their car)

'Course, as long as I can come up with the right color, I usually have an easy sale of a high-end long travel dh rig--I simply point to all the suspension and say the bike has already been "lifted."!

So, who's bike matches their truck?








(ok, I was kidding about the "lift" thing, but it really does boggle my mind that people would care that their bike matches their truck; I find it humurous)
pretty sad huh? those are the ones usually clogging the trailheads spending all their time lounging on their tailgate, top40 rap blaring, tired after their 3 mile loop. pretty dayum funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
one of my homies has a pre-80s Ford Truck that is custom color blue (he re-finished it a year ago).
but when he was craigslist shoping for a new bike, he found a 98 Stumpy that was the exact same color, just so happened that the color matched.
its pretty cool, but he rarely drives the truck, he uses his ford focus when hes rolling be himself, or doesnt need to shuttle me and my other friends around
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Not the reason I got my bike, though. I bought it used from craigslist fro $850. Couldn't beat it.
 

·
Sir Hurt Locker
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Trucks are terrible for fuel consumption and also for the environment. I have a 1998 2 door Civic SI, it does the trick and does not burn much fuel. That said, my bike does not even come close to matching the car :D
 

·
Life is Good
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
2_Tires said:
Trucks are terrible for fuel consumption and also for the environment. I have a 1998 2 door Civic SI, it does the trick and does not burn much fuel. That said, my bike does not even come close to matching the car :D
I like trucks. Wish I had one.

But no, when I get one, I doubt my bike's color will be a deciding factor (more like mileage and price lol).
 

·
Ride Instigator
Joined
·
3,220 Posts
Contrast...

Truck is black, bike is red.

Didn't plan it that way, it's just the color truck I have...and the color frame they had when I called and needed one asap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
reverse contrast...

Ricko said:
Truck is black, bike is red.

Didn't plan it that way, it's just the color truck I have...and the color frame they had when I called and needed one asap.
My Jeep is dark red and my bike is black and silver. I wanted the red Jeep and I couldn't beat the price on the bike. I'm not overly worried about the color of my bike. The previous one was blue and silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,787 Posts
No. My bike is silver, my car is white. If it did match, it would be because I liked the bike, not because it is a fashion accessory for my vehicle
 

·
Bike to the Bone...
Joined
·
8,290 Posts
Jwiffle said:
I have had several customers over the last couple years purchase bicycles based solely on the whether the bike's color matched their truck. My first reaction is always, "But you won't be riding your bike on top of your truck, will you?" No, but when traveling, it's got to match! (I don't think I've had anyone want to match their bike to their car)

'Course, as long as I can come up with the right color, I usually have an easy sale of a high-end long travel dh rig--I simply point to all the suspension and say the bike has already been "lifted."!

So, who's bike matches their truck?








(ok, I was kidding about the "lift" thing, but it really does boggle my mind that people would care that their bike matches their truck; I find it humurous)
How about that I looked for a car where I could fit my bike inside? I don't care about color match, but on my last car I bought, the first thing I looked was that I could fold the back seats and put the bike inside.

Now I have a SUV and I just fit my bike inside, I didn't tested it before buying, but it fits.
 

·
Vertical Member
Joined
·
315 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
...on my last car I bought, the first thing I looked was that I could fold the back seats and put the bike inside.
Now you're talking. I'm doing the same thing looking for a new cage right now.

I'm also trying to color match the cupholder in the new vehicle with the bottle cage on my MTB. Can't lose track of the important things. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Nope...
Ford ranger...
Green with tan interior.. (my dad thinks it's Packer colors, but not without Farve)
Jamis Dakota Hardtail...
Black, with red & white.

BUT ask me if my road bike matches, the rack in the bed of the truck, and my workstand... I"m with ya UpRocks, somethings are just sacred... But I can't find any cup holders in the new trucks that are Carbon Fiber? j/k
 

·
slow
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
2_Tires said:
Trucks are terrible for fuel consumption and also for the environment. I have a 1998 2 door Civic SI, it does the trick and does not burn much fuel. That said, my bike does not even come close to matching the car :D
My truck gets 29mpg in the city

Jwiffle said:
So, who's bike matches their truck?
Not mine
 

Attachments

·
It's about showing up.
Joined
·
12,738 Posts
Yeah! And I really clog up the trailheads.

Silver toy Quadcab. My charcoal anno Stumpy and my sons black Stumpy. Also my Black Bonti and my Carbon fiber Roubaix. They are what they are.
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
739 Posts
Nope..

Silver truck, blue bike. Never really thought about it since I am not looking at my bike when I'm driving. Gas mileage sucks, 20 mpg on the highway so I make up for it by biking to/from work during the week. I only drive on the weekends.
 

·
3 "fiddy" for short
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
venus1 said:
My Trek matches my Miata perfectly. Trek's "Blue Wing Teal" is metalic & looks great w/ Mazda's "Montego Blue".
You wouldn't happen to be Lt. Dangle, would you.:skep:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top