tyres 1100 spesky
spokes 288 sapim cx rays, alu nips
rim tape 32 velox
bottle cage 38* king ti
various bolts, grease & air 50 ti bolts
inner tubes 230 spesky
BB 245 un72
23.44lb

* means actual weight according to my gram scales. I'm not really asking for advice (unless anyone spots any major suggested improvements?), more are my weights correct? Really like to keep the weight below 24lb :)

many thanks!

ta

scant

·
Registered
970 Posts
all your weights seem fine, only things that stick out to me to be changed are the seatpost (get a thomson masterpiece) and the bottom bracket (get a raceface taperlock). other than that it looks awesome, but then again anything build on a yeti frame looks awesome.

cya, john.

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a spare RF taperlock 113mm BB, so if that fits I'll use that. If I love the bike longer term I'll fit a phil wood :)

I've tried a thomson layback post & I couldnt let enough layback. The RF post has ti bolts & will be cut down a fair amount (260g is 1ti bolt, uncut)

are the sachs hollow pin chains strong enuff for extended hard use?

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
scant said:
I do have a spare RF taperlock 113mm BB, so if that fits I'll use that. If I love the bike longer term I'll fit a phil wood :)

I've tried a thomson layback post & I couldnt let enough layback. The RF post has ti bolts & will be cut down a fair amount (260g is 1ti bolt, uncut)

are the sachs hollow pin chains strong enuff for extended hard use?
You mean SRAM hollow pin chains(SRAM bought out sachs a long time ago..).

I personally use the 89 version which is the road chain. And I have no problems. I know trent lowe uses a hollowpin(or atleast used to..) chain. But I have also heard alot of complaints about them, all in all, I don't think they are any weaker then other sram chains, but they are rather expensive these days:)

What length is the seatpost? It seems heavy, you sohlud be able to save a decent amount of wieght there:)

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
God those raceface posts are pigs...

Zoom Carbon post, 242 grams, 400 mm x 27.2, half the price of the raceface carbon post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.