Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Super chunky.

I'd tilt the camera up just a little, but maybe that's just me.

If you have a mac, iMovie is quite good. Final Cut Express is more powerful, but has a steep learning curve, that's what I use. When I haven't done any editing for several months, I feel like I'm having to learn the program all over again. Others may have PC software recommendations.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Highlines are the bike of choice for this ride, though we ride them on our "smalls" too. I really, really love the HL. I am carrying lots of speed these days, and with the RC3 and Avy DHS, this bike kills it.

As for the video, I want to be looking down the trail as far as possible, but I like the vids that you can see the front tire a bit to add some perspective. I think it helps show how chunky our trails are.

As for software, well, I am a PC guy. PowerDirector is pretty cool, and I am looking hard at Pinnacle Studio 12, but they do not have a demo :madmax:

I did burn this video to DVD, and it looks fantastic. It is true 480p footage. Love it! Great camer and setup. NOw they support an 8GB card, so about 335 minutes of DVD quality recording.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
wasea04 said:
DUUUUUUUUUDE! wishin' I was there.....trails look sick.....we just got doused again!
Holbert and Geronimo are so incredibly cool. Awesome vid Brandon. I sooooo want to be there right now (total whiteout and 20 deg here today:madman: )
I got an idea, Allen. Instead of me coming to St. George Monday-Tuesday, I meet you and Ben in Vegas(or St. George) and we car pool to Fee Nicks.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
A compromise......

KRob said:
Holbert and Geronimo are so incredibly cool. Awesome vid Brandon. I sooooo want to be there right now (total whiteout and 20 deg here today:madman: )
I got an idea, Allen. Instead of me coming to St. George Monday-Tuesday, I meet you and Ben in Vegas(or St. George) and we car pool to Fee Nicks.
I'm down for bootleg.......we could just do Vegas.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
wasea04 said:
I'm down for bootleg.......we could just do Vegas.
Yeah, I thought about that too if it's going to be too muddy in S.G. I'd be up for that. I'll be staying in Logandale about halfway between Vegas and St. George so that works for me.

It is awfully tempting to stretch it just a bit further and catch SoMo. It's only another 5 hours past Vegas.:thumbsup:

Phoenix 10-day forecast.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
molarm said:
Can the POV 1 use an 8 GB card? I just got one for Christmas as well- but it says I can only use up to a 2 GB :confused:
Go into your setup. The last screen is your firmware version. If you have firmware version 1.3 you can run an 8GB card (I picked mine up from BestBuy for $25). If you have a version older than 1.3, you can upgrade your firmware by registering with VIO.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
ditto! so much good ride stoke lately. honestly, i thank you all very much for it. ill be out in march for my dads 80th and i may have to bring a bike even if for a single ride. truth is itll probably be a road bike so he, his wife, my sister and i can do some miles together.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh, Hmmmmmmn

KRob said:
Yeah, I thought about that too if it's going to be too muddy in S.G. I'd be up for that. I'll be staying in Logandale about halfway between Vegas and St. George so that works for me.

It is awfully tempting to stretch it just a bit further and catch SoMo. It's only another 5 hours past Vegas.:thumbsup:

Phoenix 10-day forecast.
Oh boy you're tempting me, I'll see what I can swing.......:nono:

·
Living the Dream
1,816 Posts
It looked like you were Hauling A$$

tiSS'er said:
I am carrying lots of speed these days, and with the RC3 and Avy DHS, this bike kills it.
Impressive vid. Was that the waterfall at 4:10? National Looked different to me with the recent rains and headcam view. Keep posting the great vids.

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
KRob would you ride those two trails on your Titus?

KRob said:
Would you even want to? Would it just be technique getting you through or what? How about the fun factor on a 4" bike? As I watched it I kept count of the areas I'd be walking...but you know me. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.