Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to sell my joker right now and i have listed it in many places. I have it on ebay and i got an email from a guy and it reads:
Hii Greg,
Thanks for the info you gave me,its really my chioce.Really is what i have been searching for for the last 6 months inshort i cant wait to see it.Pls help me take good proper care of it cos i belive by now its mine.But right now is new year and i can see that i finanaly got one.

Really i want you to pls send more pics if available and if not not to worry.
Also i will want u to give me ur last price for that and all i needed is ur assurance that is mine as from now cos am higly eager in seeint it pls dont respond to anybody again on this bike cos i am really ok with all the condition.

Pls as for the shipping i will handle that myself i shall contact my shipping agent to handle it.As for the payment am paying with a Certified Cashiers Check or Money Order which i belive is the best way and its really conviniet for me and if u are ok with that get back to me today so that we could conclude on the payment.

I'm from Moscow,I live In Oslo Norway.

I work as a Minner(people that extract mineral resoruces).I always come my home in The Moscow,every 4 Months and travel back to my place of Work in Berlin.

I am really glad that you want me to get the Bike and i will be happy also when i get it really i am really eager to see it .

Thank wait to your email today
Regard

Does this sound strange would you sell your bike and have to ship it overseas?

·
ride, eat, live
238 Posts
Scam, but what a Commute!!!

A: it's a scam
B: the funniest part is the guy says he lives in Oslo and works in Berlin...that is like a 1,000 mile commute to a different country!!!! HE'S FULL OF SH!T

here's how they work the scam. they send you a check for more money than your asking price, then they ask you to send the difference back to them through western union (or some other service that lets the recipient gets hard cash instantly). here is the scam part...the check they send you bounces and is no good. so in the end you ahve sent them your bike and given them some cold hard cash....and you get NOTHING because the check is fake.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
OneBlueJoker said:
my shipping agent
Those are the key words right there.

I email them back and do one of two things, either say that if I ever find them I'll kill them, or I play along and get them to send the forged cashiers check to the secret service (I use the SS building as my "address"). I also raise the price several thousand dollars.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Jm. said:
Those are the key words right there.

I email them back and do one of two things, either say that if I ever find them I'll kill them, or I play along and get them to send the forged cashiers check to the secret service (I use the SS building as my "address"). I also raise the price several thousand dollars.
LOL. You can also sign up their e-mail address for some choice spam. Last time I sold a bike on the net, I had a few of these scammers approach me. Hard to believe people get caught out by this, but when the fake cheque appears to clear they get suckered in. I think the banks are at fault here. They shouldn't be allowed to show the funds in your account until fully cleared but they can and do so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.