Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to sell my joker and i have listed it in the classifieds and its on ebay. I got this email and i need help because i am kind of stuck on this. The email reads as follows:
Hii Greg,
Thanks for the info you gave me,its really my chioce.Really is what i have been searching for for the last 6 months inshort i cant wait to see it.Pls help me take good proper care of it cos i belive by now its mine.But right now is new year and i can see that i finanaly got one.

Really i want you to pls send more pics if available and if not not to worry.
Also i will want u to give me ur last price for that and all i needed is ur assurance that is mine as from now cos am higly eager in seeint it pls dont respond to anybody again on this bike cos i am really ok with all the condition.

Pls as for the shipping i will handle that myself i shall contact my shipping agent to handle it.As for the payment am paying with a Certified Cashiers Check or Money Order which i belive is the best way and its really conviniet for me and if u are ok with that get back to me today so that we could conclude on the payment.

I'm from Moscow,I live In Oslo Norway.

I work as a Minner(people that extract mineral resoruces).I always come my home in The Moscow,every 4 Months and travel back to my place of Work in Berlin.

I am really glad that you want me to get the Bike and i will be happy also when i get it really i am really eager to see it .

Thank wait to your email today
Regard

WOuld you send your bike overseas?

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is what they send you:

They'll send a fake cashier's check for MORE than what the item is worth. They then have you wire the remaining balance to "a shipping agent" (the scammer). By the time you do that, the check bounces and the bank wants ALL the money back (plus fees) but you already wired a few thousand bucks...therefore scammed.

I've never succumbed to it...I just wanted to see how good of a fake check they produce.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got the exact same letter when I tried to sell my bike on these classifieds. You'll probably also get one from a dipshit called "Ken" who has been given authority from his client to purchase your bike along with other items he needs to pick up from >insert state here<.

That loser from "Moscow" gets pissed when you talk **** back, it's funny. "He is a business man with 5 kids and doesn't appreciate being questioned!"

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dras said:
I got the exact same letter when I tried to sell my bike on these classifieds. You'll probably also get one from a dipshit called "Ken" who has been given authority from his client to purchase your bike along with other items he needs to pick up from >insert state here<.

That loser from "Moscow" gets pissed when you talk **** back, it's funny. "He is a business man with 5 kids and doesn't appreciate being questioned!"
hahaha thanks everyone i am new in selling stuff and i forgot about all the scammer stuff going on at mtbreview!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.