Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I grabbed the Pack to go for a spin this afternoon, and what should my eye behold but the first sign of spring in the Great White North!! Behold what has sprouted on my chainstay yoke:

The problem is that it appears to be an endangered prarie grass, but The Nature Conservancy has offered to buy my Pack for a healthy sum and still allow me to ride it for it's natural life. Swell folks.

As long as we are talking about flora, here is the man-(and-bike)-eating Sitka spruce. Never has a more terrifying creature been seen! It just seeths with evil intentions, doesn't it?! (Check out the mild pedal mark.)

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Reminds me of my first year at college. In the dorm where we lived, we had so many water fights, we had a little plant sprout in the carpet.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
tscheezy said:
Behold what has sprouted on my chainstay yoke... Never has a more terrifying creature been seen! It just seeths with evil intentions, doesn't it?!
Maybe it's the evil offspring of the damaged tree trying to make the Pack its host life form in an effort to bring about your untimely OTB demise as it instantly seizes up your bearings in your front hub next time you're riding the Portal in Moab.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeez, speaking of siezed bearings, my e13 DRS bearings froze AGAIN. Those things suck. I repack them all the time but I just can't keep ahead of the brown ooze. What's the deal?

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
HMMM. Gives me ideas... No officer I didn't plant that Cannabis in my bike! It just started growing there, I swear! :D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Love that macro shot.
Man, you must have really plowed that tree to leave a mark like that. It's time to name your pack...how about "Weed Wacker"?

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
CrashTheDOG said:
Maybe it's the evil offspring of the damaged tree trying to make the Pack its host life form in an effort to bring about your untimely OTB demise as it instantly seizes up your bearings in your front hub next time you're riding the Portal in Moab.
Yeah, but according to Tscheezy, it was his 5 spot that did the damage to the evil spruce. So now we're back to the drawing board regarding the origination of the sprout on the pack ;) ....

·
Registered
363 Posts
a guy I know

SMOKEY said:
HMMM. Gives me ideas... No officer I didn't plant that Cannabis in my bike! It just started growing there, I swear! :D
got pulled over in college for some minor infraction...I guess the zig-zag man sticker gave it away, but when they searched his car (which he KNEW was clean of all illegal substances) he was busted for a small plant growing out of the carpet in his backseat. He still hasn't lived it down.

·
FleshwoundGravityResearch
1,285 Posts
Orangerider said:
got pulled over in college for some minor infraction...I guess the zig-zag man sticker gave it away, but when they searched his car (which he KNEW was clean of all illegal substances) he was busted for a small plant growing out of the carpet in his backseat. He still hasn't lived it down.
My neighbors in college always use to chuck their seeds from the patio, up onto the roof. When spring rolled around and they finally got outside to do yard work, they had a foot high matanuska thunderfck plant growing out of theur gutter. The thing got to be about 2.5-3' high before it 'disappeared'.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH...
Now - Martha Stewart would suggest setting that nice bike in the bay window overlooking the bay, and accenting it with some nice potpourri in a sterling bowl and maybe a curtain thingy. Sorry no riding it for a while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.