Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lookin for that extra can
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been off of the bike for a while and my fitness has suffered. So, I turned to the DHX and pro-pedal to help. I pumped 150PSI into the BV (I run about 180lbs w/ gear) and went for a ride on Mountain Lion (CO Front Range). I maxed the PP and started to climb. The techy ups were tricky with all that platform/compression damping, but at least I could spin a bit better on the smooth stuff. After much wheezing and gasping, I hit the summit and was able to crank down the pro-pedal. YUCK! The back end didn't even try to stick to the trail. It had a mind of its own. It was as if the PP knob didn't change anything.

110PSI in the BV gives a nice feel, but pro-pedal all the way on or off seems to make no difference. Anyone else feel like that 16 click pro-pedal knob is just for decoration? :skep:

--rip

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Rip, it doesn't mean you HAVE TO push it, but if you'd like to get some awesome performance out of your DHX, getting the factory race system upgrade is my recommendation. Get rid of that pesky PP/BV/BO stuff.

·
Lookin for that extra can
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shock started sucking up bumps in April 2005. No leaks, but maybe I should see if the PP knob has come loose from the internal adjuster... some how...

I'm 98% ready to send it to PUSH, but I can't get anyone to call me back to discuss the few questions I have.

Squeak... any chance you could use that PUSH Batphone again?

-rip

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
ripv said:
I'm 98% ready to send it to PUSH, but I can't get anyone to call me back to discuss the few questions I have.
Yeah I had that same troube today, but that's how da pusher man works. He's a got you right where he want ya. God damn the pusher man. :nono:

I'm waiting for my man
Two-hundred and twenty six dollars in my hand
Up to Loveland, North on that I-25.
Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive
I'm waiting for my man

Hey, Turner boy, what you doin' uptown?
Hey, Turner boy, you chasin' our sweet trails around?
Oh pardon me sir, it's the furthest from my mind
I'm just lookin' for a dear, dear DHX of mine
I'm waiting for my man

Here he comes, he's all dressed in black
Beat up shoes and a big six pack.
He's never early, he's always late
First thing you learn is you always gotta wait
I'm waiting for my man

Up to a brownstone, up three flights of stairs
Everybody's pinned you, but nobody cares
He's got the works, gives you sweet taste
Ah then you gotta split because you got no time to waste
I'm waiting for my man

Baby don't you holler, darlin' don't you bawl and shout
I'm feeling good, you know I'm gonna work it on out
I'm feeling good, I'm feeling oh so fine
Until tomorrow, but that's just some other time

I'm waiting for my man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.