Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been intriguinng me for a while: Should the top of the seatstays be assymetrical as they are on my bike (see pics below)? Also, the rear wheel doesn't seemt to fit centrally in the rear triangle by the bridge - is this right?

Attachments

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
At first I didn't understand until I looked way close. Does look a bit odd. Closeups of the left bridge would help. It doesn't look right, however. The rear end looks like it's close to straight, but you'll have to pull out the ruler to make sure.

The other issue is with the wheel. I would recommend taking it to a Titus dealer and seeing if the frame is aligned right, or if the wheel isn't dished right. If it's all good, then just ride it and forget about it. It's likely that if this yoke isn't assymetrical, others were put in the jigs and shipped to the US in the same manner.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
At first I didn't understand until I looked way close. Does look a bit odd. Closeups of the left bridge would help. It doesn't look right, however. The rear end looks like it's close to straight, but you'll have to pull out the ruler to make sure.

The other issue is with the wheel. I would recommend taking it to a Titus dealer and seeing if the frame is aligned right, or if the wheel isn't dished right. If it's all good, then just ride it and forget about it. It's likely that if this yoke isn't assymetrical, others were put in the jigs and shipped to the US in the same manner.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they said it was fine. It still does look odd to me. The wheel/tyre I admit could be off but it was rebuilt in the aforementioned shop a few weeks ago. Perhaps they build crap wheels lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts