Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Trance exhibit any pedal bob either seated or standing, what about on climbs? (I think I read somewhere that during climbs if there is not much chain tension then it will bob some.) How well does the suspension work when standing up -- is it still fully active? Does Float R or Float RP3 make a difference?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
460 Posts
GiantDS3 said:
yes it does, but it really doesn't have any. Ride it and see
I weigh 200 lbs and this bike does not bob. You must have not set up your shock correctly.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
danmtchl said:
I weigh 200 lbs and this bike does not bob. You must have not set up your shock correctly.
NOw Dan is that using the RP3 set at it's hardest setting or not? Remeber that if you have the Trance frameset or the Trance1 then you've got it with an RP3 with 3 different settings, unfortunately if you couldn't afford either of these 2 options you're left with the FloatR and 1 setting.

Personally I love my Trance3 and have over 1,100 miles on it and am super pleased with how it rides! This being said I don't quite know how others discribe pedal bob, but in all honesty I would have to say that yes it does bob BUT it depends on how you set up your shock. Basically with the FloatR you have to decide what type of ride you want - plush or a little harder - and then depending on how plush you like it you may experience some noticeable bob.

Personally I can't wait to get my FloatR serviced at PUSH or get an RP3/MC3 as I find that with the type of riding I do I could really use 3 distinct settings - super plush, for those rough trails, plushish for those smooth type trails and hard for road/hill/super smooth trails climbing.

Now if you're asking if it bobs, should you get one, the only thing I can tell you is YES. It's only my 2nd bike but I will have to say that to me and all those lucky other individuals who have the pleasure of owning 1 it really is a superb bike with a great suspension design. Most of the time while pedalling you have to look down to see that the rear suspension is "bobing" and when you're REALLY cranking the crap out of it you can feel it a bit, but with an RP3/pushed FloatR I think this bike takes the cake hands down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts