Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Old model tends a bit small but the new model is true to size-----rode the new bike today in large--I am 6 foot 34.4 inseam and it fit well--perhaps a bit long if anything----my old model in a large is bit small for sure

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old model tends a bit small but the new model is true to size-----rode the new bike today in large--I am 6 foot 34.4 inseam and it fit well--perhaps a bit long if anything----my old model in a large is bit small for sure
The outdoor gear lab review was harsh

So @ 6 "3" ur an xl
Right ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You are an xl---no doubt---look at the yeti forums as there seems no end of issues with the new bikes---hard to tell how bad but form that $$$$$ there should be no issues---also look at bike bible for a review on the SB130

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I’m 6’4” with long limbs. I would advise you to sit on one...then sit on a Smuggler. I’m not talking about riding...just sit on an XL from each. I can almost guarantee the T429 will feel small and the Smugg will make you wonder: why aren’t more XLs these dimensions???

Similar but different: sit on an FB29 as well. Having ridden both and having no use for an enduro bike, if I had to pick only one, I’d choose the FB bc the geo fit much better than the Trail.

I haven’t ridden the SB130 in my size, so I can’t comment.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are an xl---no doubt---look at the yeti forums as there seems no end of issues with the new bikes---hard to tell how bad but form that $$$$$ there should be no issues---also look at bike bible for a review on the SB130
The review was outstanding if I recall

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm 6'4" with long limbs. I would advise you to sit on one...then sit on a Smuggler. I'm not talking about riding...just sit on an XL from each. I can almost guarantee the T429 will feel small and the Smugg will make you wonder: why aren't more XLs these dimensions???

Similar but different: sit on an FB29 as well. Having ridden both and having no use for an enduro bike, if I had to pick only one, I'd choose the FB bc the geo fit much better than the Trail.

I haven't ridden the SB130 in my size, so I can't comment.
Good stuff - yes using geometry geeks site - the 429 is off my list ....bike is too small ...

I look into the others - thx !

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The FB29 looks like a DH bike - like the Megatower am I right ?
Yep....but I'm just talking about how it feels when you throw a leg over it. I'd rather have a bike that is less appropriate for my terrain, but feels comfortable than one that is the "right" bike (for my terrain) that feels cramped and small.

For example, I'm drawn to a Mondraker Foxy 29. Wholly inappropriate for my terrain, but reports are that ur climbs well and the geo looks spot on...and it's beautiful. I just wish there were demos!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep....but I'm just talking about how it feels when you throw a leg over it. I'd rather have a bike that is less appropriate for my terrain, but feels comfortable than one that is the "right" bike (for my terrain) that feels cramped and small.

For example, I'm drawn to a Mondraker Foxy 29. Wholly inappropriate for my terrain, but reports are that ur climbs well and the geo looks spot on...and it's beautiful. I just wish there were demos!
Mtb for big guys are goddam tough to find ...
The xxl Hightower fits but I worry about pedal strikes
The Fuel ex will fit too but it's heavy

The yeti 130 505 reach is interesting

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
When the SB100 and 130 came out it, I just had to have one. I've always wanted a Yeti and the 4.5 is one of the best riding bikes I've tried....it was just a bit cramped.

But after issues started pooping up in these threads, it gave me pause. Then this long-term review sealed it:
https://flowmountainbike.com/tests/tested-yeti-sb100-bike-loved/

I'd love one, but at $6-7k, there's no way I could handle all the niggling problems these bikes seem to have. Some people LOVE them and have no issue....that wouldn't be my luck.?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the SB100 and 130 came out it, I just had to have one. I've always wanted a Yeti and the 4.5 is one of the best riding bikes I've tried....it was just a bit cramped.

But after issues started pooping up in these threads, it gave me pause. Then this long-term review sealed it:

I'd love one, but at $6-7k, there's no way I could handle all the niggling problems these bikes seem to have. Some people LOVE them and have no issue....that wouldn't be my luck.
What do you ride ?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I'd love one, but at $6-7k, there's no way I could handle all the niggling problems these bikes seem to have. Some people LOVE them and have no issue....that wouldn't be my luck.
The review was pretty glowing @ points to be honest

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
What do you ride ?
My only bike right now is a Salsa Beargrease....which is why I'm looking for a "new geo" all around trail bike.

I've spent two years demoing everything I can get my hands on and, honestly, there's a lot of analysis paralysis going on...but I'll find the perfect bike...even if it kills me!!!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My only bike right now is a Salsa Beargrease....which is why I'm looking for a "new geo" all around trail bike.

I've spent two years demoing everything I can get my hands on and, honestly, there's a lot of analysis paralysis going on...but I'll find the perfect bike...even if it kills me!!!!
Santa Cruz Mega?

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts

I'd love one, but at $6-7k, there's no way I could handle all the niggling problems these bikes seem to have. Some people LOVE them and have no issue....that wouldn't be my luck.?
I just ordered an SB100...read that review and am unfazed by it. I'm going to assume that any initial issues have been fixed.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I just ordered an SB100...read that review and am unfazed by it. I'm going to assume that any initial issues have been fixed.
Good luck man! I'm just not willing to take that risk...esp at that price.

I know you were eyeing the Sniper and maybe a few others...what made you decide on the Yeti?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.