Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating between a 2010 Trek Remedy 8 and a Yeti 575, I know that the Trek comes with the ISCG 03 tabs to allow installation of a Hammerschmidt crank.

I have searched but have not found anything saying that the 2010 Yeti includes or excludes the ISCG tabs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!

·
ARC Driver
257 Posts
emtnate said:
I was going to guess something better is in the works. Or maybe they are all ditching the 575 for the new asr-5.
This is what I'm thinking. It's nice to think that something new may be coming down the pipeline but they wouldn't get rid of their bikes until they already had the replacement. It must be the 5.

·
Pin it to win it
486 Posts
This is what I'm thinking. It's nice to think that something new may be coming down the pipeline but they wouldn't get rid of their bikes until they already had the replacement. It must be the 5.
If they are the sort of rider who wants a 6'' bike with a 160mm coil fork, tapered ht, and iscg tabs... why in hell would they ditch it for a 120mm bike? I never would.

I could maybe see them dropping it for the 7... but not for the 5.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Some of the reviews coming out suggest that the 5 descends as good as the 575, with the 120mm of travel being a bit stiffer midstroke. Add some of the features I would have thought would be on the 2010 575 and I see it as a comparable bike. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get.

·
EDR
10,442 Posts
emtnate said:
I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get.
I think it's an easy decision.

-If you crave the chunk but want to ride up everything first...575. 160mm fork capable. Nearly 6'' of travel. 67 degree HA.
-If you shy away from the big gnar and can be happy with a shorter travel fork, but like a slacker bike than many 5'' bikes, and climbing is a priority....sounds like the 5 is the way to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.