Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard it does, but it seems a lot of folks run the non UST tires anyway. My tires generally last forever, for example my last two front tires lasted more than 2 years each. If I switch to tubeless, will I eventually run into a sidewall blowout, etc in this timeframe? Are there other sealants besides Stan's & do they have the same supposed deleterious effects on the rubber used in non UST tubes?

Thanks,

Zizzle

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The only company that I have heard

That has degeneration problems with using a latex based sealant is some Continental tires. Not all of them, but some.

KMan

Zizzle to the Tizzle said:
I've heard it does, but it seems a lot of folks run the non UST tires anyway. My tires generally last forever, for example my last two front tires lasted more than 2 years each. If I switch to tubeless, will I eventually run into a sidewall blowout, etc in this timeframe? Are there other sealants besides Stan's & do they have the same supposed deleterious effects on the rubber used in non UST tubes?

Thanks,

Zizzle

·
Registered
76 Posts
Conti's don't seem to like the goo

I have had problems with conti's falling apart very early since I switched to a no-tubes system. The sidewalls seem to turn to mush. Other people have suggested that it isn't the sealant, but the fact that there isn't any tube to support the sidewall. I've been using UST tires to train with, and put the regular ones on for racing with no problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts