Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a more entry level bike with no through-axle, just QR (it's a Trek Marlin 7). Has anyone seen a trainer that would fit those criteria? Something simple to get some movement in the middle of the workday in my office at my company. Soon it'll be too hot for a noon ride here in Phoenix.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
If you look for trainers that take 700c tires you should be good to go. 700c is the road equivalent to 29er however they are much "smaller" tires. Best bet is that you should get a dedicated rear wheel and tire setup for the trainer to make things easy for you. Many of the trainers out there should have an adapter available to take the standard 135mm QR, but that may very per trainer.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
A smart trainer is taken to mean one where the resistance can be computer (possibly PC/Mac, tablet, phone, Garmin Edge, etc.) controlled and the trainer is capable of measuring power. They can be wheel-on or direct drive.

Direct drive trainers are those where the trainer replaces the rear wheel. I don't know of any of this type that are not smart trainers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.