Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of Mavic Crosstrail wheels with the center lock adapter. The studs have worn down and there is play between the studs and the holes in the disc. It seems you could just buy an adapter that has the screw holes but I can't seem to find one. Any help would be appreciated.

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
it's not really clear what you're asking.
any adapter is going to have both a centerlock and 6-bolt interface; that's the purpose of an adapter and there are only two standards. since it is not possible to adapt a centerlock rotor to run on a 6-bolt hub and you say that your rotor has holes, the only possiblity is that you have a ceterlock wheel with an adapter to run 6-bolt rotors. if so, yes... there are at least a few different adapters you can buy.
also, the disc is only loaded in one direction. why is it a problem?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, I have a 6 bolt rotor and centerlock adapters. I can hold the brakes tight and move the tire a little back and forth. The rotor doesn't move, there is play in the 6 bolt holes and the adapter pins.

I just googled the centerlock rotors and didn't realize they are splined. Got some more research to do... thanks!

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
You can either get a new adapter and stick with your rotors or buy centerlock rotors and drop the adapters. Many centerlock rotors are cheaper than the adapters, btw.
Also, I still don't think that the play is a problem. How much riding time to you spend rocking back and forth? The pins are only loaded in one direction. Unless they look like they are about to snap, I wouldn't really worry about it.

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
It's just makes a bunch of creaking noise and very irritating while riding. I found some shimano adapters. $37 for the pair shipped so gonna give that a whirl. Thanks for helping out.
Oh well then for sure can that crap!
I'd stay away from adapters and just get centerlock rotors to avoid similar problems in the future. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.