Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
MTBSully said:
Yep, that's it. It doesn't have an official name yet and is still not available to the public. That's a proto, which the main team guys have been riding on since 04.

However, don;t be fooled into thinking it's anything special because it's not. Basically it's a rebadged and modified (top tube) Azonic Eliminator frame (read: catalog frame).

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the real reason is becuase i called platekill and asked them what kind of DH full suspension bikes they rent. She said it was a KHS but i didnt hear the models. Does KHS have any bike that resembles a DH bike?

·
Pro Crastinator
11,952 Posts
red5 said:
Yep, that's it. It doesn't have an official name yet and is still not available to the public. That's a proto, which the main team guys have been riding on since 04....
i'm pretty sure they have been riding them for even longer than that. i remember seeing them at least 2 summers ago....

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
i'm pretty sure they have been riding them for even longer than that. i remember seeing them at least 2 summers ago....
Not, my bestest friend in world rode semi-pro DH/DS/4X for KHS that past few years and he was one of the first guys to have one. They (The KHS team) might have gotten them late 03, but no earlier. If you saw one before that it was probably Quintons, the team managers bike, which is the silver one in the pic.

·
Master of Disaster
220 Posts
To my knowledge, nothing has been offered to the public by KHS since the DH50 Fetish and DH100 Dominatrax bikes, both of which were discontinued last year. They can still be found, usually used, for pennies on the dollar.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i had a KHS Fetish *DH50* the stopped making them in 04 currently for the public khs does not have a dh bike, i sell em at my shop got some decent mid lvl FR bikes but none are DH orientated at all and the Fetish/Dominatrix being discontinued i'm sure will make very few people sad as they road pretty bad flexy, snap in half, brake jack, heavy, you name it it had it. maybe their new prototype bike when released might not be so bad, their current FR bikes are respectable and the DJ bikes they have are a pretty good bang for your buck.

·
Registered
329 Posts
TrainingWheelz? said:
KHS does offer a DH bike to team riders. I ride with a pro sometimes who rides for KHS and she has the frame. I think it is a KHS DH200. Don't think they sell them to the public though.
would her name happen to be melissa? i saw you are from AZ. i bet we have shuttled before. i think i remember your bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.