Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Usually not, but depends on the brand...

infinityarms said:
Is it ok to hang my bike from the ceiling with oil shocks(fork)?

Thanks
Marzocchi and Fox are usually ok and it is recommended by both to keep the seals lubed if the bike is not going to be used for long periods as dscot420 stated. Most Rock Shox products don't have a problem either. Some Manitou forks however will leak if hung upside down. For the most part it shouldn't be a problem. Just depends on the manufacturer.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why not switch?

If you are so worried or concerned, which you should be, about hanging your bike from your fork why not just hang it from the rear wheel? I know the handle bars might be in a bad spot (so low to the ground) but at least you won't have any unneeded stress on your fork. Or put two hooks in and hang your bike from the frame.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
It shouldn't hurt the fork but you may end up with air bubbles from the res. working upward into the caliper and needing a brake bleed if you store a bike with hydro's upside down

·
Registered
50 Posts
Deweydude said:
It shouldn't hurt the fork but you may end up with air bubbles from the res. working upward into the caliper and needing a brake bleed if you store a bike with hydro's upside down
It's kind of a good cop bad cop situation. Some forks are better if stored upside down, but the disc brakes will suffer.

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
Myth: hydro discs suffer from being hung upside down

Truth: only hydros that are bled improperly and have residual air in the lines might suffer. Those bled correct (i.e. air free from the start) have no problems.

See Disc Brake FAQ if you need more info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.