Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
More Torque
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen an inexpensive analog clock to fit in a Garmin quarter turn mount? My search turned up nada.
TIA for the help.
-D

·
Armature speller
Unit, Anthem, Stumpjumper, Secteur
3,734 Posts
Stem CAPtain is probably the closest.

Although getting a DogEars Garmin repair kit and mounting it to the back of a watch may work...

·
since 4/10/2009
30,901 Posts
Anyone ever seen an inexpensive analog clock to fit in a Garmin quarter turn mount? My search turned up nada.
TIA for the help.
-D
Nope. Certainly not inexpensive. There is this, but it goes way beyond what you're asking for, and is absolutely not inexpensive:
https://omata.com/

Stem CAPtain is probably the closest.
Only product I know of.

·
More Torque
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I have a commuter bike with a K-edge combo mount, with a Niterider Lumina in the lower position, and I often leave the Garmin at home when I take the train as part of the commute, due to risk of theft. Thought an inexpensive clock would be a nice alternative to fill the void.

-D

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have a few of these somewhere in the basement

I stuck one on the back of an old Garmin 310 to use a K-edge mount on my daughters bike, after drilling two holes for charging. With a regular watch you probably wouldn't need the holes.

I've always liked the idea of a analogue instrument, but to me it was for the minimalism, i.e. I'd want a single dial that either gave "KPH" or "Watts".

The Omata is way too busy a design, in addition to the obvious pricing issues.

·
More Torque
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I stuck one on the back of an old Garmin 310 to use a K-edge mount on my daughters bike, after drilling two holes for charging. With a regular watch you probably wouldn't need the holes.

I've always liked the idea of a analogue instrument, but to me it was for the minimalism, i.e. I'd want a single dial that either gave "KPH" or "Watts".

Thx for the tip. I’ll likely go that route with a small clock insert.

-D

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

I noticed this T&T clock on a motorcycle over the weekend... might be a good candidate to stick on such a mount?

https://www.louis.de/artikel/t-t-an...aign=Onmacon&utm_medium=PSM&utm_term=10034782

10034782_870_FR01_14_TS.JPG

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I think in this case we're referring to the display being graphical rather than numeric. Even mechanical clocks are not analog as they count discrete oscillations.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts