Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alex Morgan - who owns and runs Buffalo Composite Designs. Makers of one-off, custom, carbon fiber XC, CX, DH and now 29'er's - using his signature carbon lugs. He has also produced components like super light seat posts - custom and made to order.

He has building his own carbon fiber downhill bikes for about 10 years now - pre-emt'ing (SP?) the big-bike companies on technology like gear boxes and now 29'ers.

His latest creation is a full on World Cup proven 29" wheeled carbon fiber downhill bike! He took 2nd at Monte Saint Anne in Vet Pro aboard his creation!

This guy is simply amazing in his constant forsight - realizing, creating and then riding and racing the newest technolgies before the big-bike companies even know about them.

I don't mean to dote and/or promote - I've just watched from afar his crazy creations over the last several years - and am amazed to see him still going - creating bikes 2 steps ahead of everbody else, and posting on MTBR!

Kudo's, dude.:thumbsup:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
gheeesh the fans,......................

i got 2nd in over 30, not a real class. i made it up to feel like i am racing someone my age!

i am so psikes about going to schladming austria world cup. i leave next week.

i'll post some pics of the bike with the fox 40 on it here in this thread b/f i leave.

burning the midnight oil machining parts for the new pivot right now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
20.100 FR said:
Alex is a regular here (under the name "BCD" !). The board have followed is progress since some time now.
I hadn't noticed a whole lot of discussion on his creations - so please 'scuse my naivete.;)

Looks like this thread was the subject of some serious moderation! There's a whole lot of reply's in my email that ain't here no more.

Good to see the mods keeping the stoke alive!

Hope you all had some good riding this weekend. I just got back from a ripper in Marin.:)
 

·
Don't be a sheep
Joined
·
3,436 Posts
What the.....where did my post go.

So, who is the heavy handed moderator this time?

Welcome to the Peoples Republic of MTBR, where all opinions are welcome as long as they conform with the tenets of the State (Moderators)
 

·
mtbr member
Joined
·
249 Posts
Alex, you are the man.

I for one am totally blown away with what you are doing and the results you are getting. The bike is awesome and the "tuned" fork in the Fox fork thread is brilliant. Nice kitty too.

Good luck in Europe! :thumbsup:
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Rivet and imridingmybike, if you're terribly interested in iliketoridebikes's opinion and intelligent addition to this thread in his attempt to get the admins to some day ban him, I'll gladly forward the [email protected] he calls posts to your email.
Trying to keep this thread somewhat on topic. Do apply for a job as a mod if you can do it better, or just want to read the stuff ypu're missing out on. Seriously. You do need to grow a tall and narrow moustache though.
 

·
45 gone, 15 to go
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Rivet said:
So, who is the heavy handed moderator this time?

Welcome to the Peoples Republic of MTBR, where all opinions are welcome as long as they conform with the tenets of the State (Moderators)

Seriously. So what if "iliketoridebikes" is a complete a s s, it wasn't that bad. Your comment, Rivet wasn't bad either. The deletions were silly
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
Turning a positive thread into a very negative toned discussion is preferred behaviour?
I deleted 3 posts, just to remove the references to the first bad one, I don't the others were bad. On many forums it's common practice to try and keep threads positive by deleting the negative references. Whatever we do, it will never be good enough. Over-moderation, under-moderation, what's it today?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,996 Posts
<b>BCD</b>

sorry if this has been covered but how are you running a Fox40? Is it a custom or an offset hub or is there enough room to run a 29er in it? I am very intrigued by this. Please elucidate if you have time. Thanks.

Good luck in Schladming by the way.
 

·
45 gone, 15 to go
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Cloxxki said:
Turning a positive thread into a very negative toned discussion is preferred behaviour?
I deleted 3 posts, just to remove the references to the first bad one, I don't the others were bad. On many forums it's common practice to try and keep threads positive by deleting the negative references. Whatever we do, it will never be good enough. Over-moderation, under-moderation, what's it today?

I prefer under-moderation myself. But I understand your point
 

·
Recovering couch patato
Joined
·
14,017 Posts
In another thread it shows how he cut away a chunk of the the *gasp* brace to make just enough for his Nevegal front tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
rockcrusher said:
<b>BCD</b>

sorry if this has been covered but how are you running a Fox40? Is it a custom or an offset hub or is there enough room to run a 29er in it? I am very intrigued by this. Please elucidate if you have time. Thanks.

Good luck in Schladming by the way.
http://bcdracing.com/pics/a.html

i did offset my hub like 8mm to the disc, i could go the full 15mm to dishless
when i get back. its just about where i was running it on my WB, so i should
be fine.

thanks, alex
 

·
MTB Rider
Joined
·
3,007 Posts
I'm impressed that he seems to be running plain old Rhynolite rims instead of the Chris Holms.

29er downhill bikes are coming, it's just a matter of when. However, I think dirt jumpers will always remain a 26er arena.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cloxxki said:
Rivet and imridingmybike, if you're terribly interested in iliketoridebikes's opinion and intelligent addition to this thread in his attempt to get the admins to some day ban him, I'll gladly forward the [email protected] he calls posts to your email.
Trying to keep this thread somewhat on topic. Do apply for a job as a mod if you can do it better, or just want to read the stuff ypu're missing out on. Seriously. You do need to grow a tall and narrow moustache though.

Dude,

I got no problem with your amending stuff to keep the thread positive. That was the point of this thread - just pointing out some cool stuff that I didn't think got the attention it deserved.

Apperently not everyone agrees with me on this. That don't mind me none, long as I get the rent paid on Friday!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,996 Posts
Dang alex that is cool, scary but cool. How did you limit the travel to keep it from contacting the crown or did you just slide the sliders down a little?

You amaze me and scare me all in the same breath. You are truely a mad scientist of mountain biking. I have followed your star since I first heard of you way back in the day (Early BIKE mag article I think)...keep bend and breaking the boundaries. Win one for the 29ers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Alex, glad too see you are still go'n at it. Met ya back in the day when ya hung around that punk Scott Hart, aka "slayer";), when he and I were riding for Turner! Hope you are not still sleeping in a tent in the mud like Mont Sainte Anne in 97!

Take care,
Glenn
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top