Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Do you think cycling makes you grow taller?

• Yes, I feel like I had! (100%)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I think it did... But not sure... (%50)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • No differences at all... (0%)

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • I don't know, I didn't noticed... (?%)

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Other options I don't have? ( __%)

Votes: 6 9.1%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Exploreur de Citée
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick response:

I wanted to conduct a survey whether you think riding makes you taller or not...

Cause I wanna see the result, I had a bet with my dad... :p

PS: You can decide to put some opinion on, I will be delighted. :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Is your dad dumb, or you? Of course biking makes you taller. Hitting all those bumps, and sometimes getting air, actually stretches the joints, particularly the spine. The differences are quite small, and maybe account for half a centimeter of growth a year. This phenomenom was first noticed about fifty years ago on the tour d' france. Riders who crashed by highsiding gained a measurable amount of height during the post crash rehab in the hospital. You probably don't know about this cause you are Australian. You Australians sided in the American's invasion of Iraq, therefore this information has probably been hidden from you by our government. It is widely known that Americans and French hate each other immensely, especially after the Lance stole the Tour, and we French wouldn't fight in their stupid war. You should google this topic and show your dad the data.

Drew (Andre' L'Jester)

·
Registered
386 Posts
dru said:
Is your dad dumb, or you? Of course biking makes you taller. Hitting all those bumps, and sometimes getting air, actually stretches the joints, particularly the spine. The differences are quite small, and maybe account for half a centimeter of growth a year. This phenomenom was first noticed about fifty years ago on the tour d' france. Riders who crashed by highsiding gained a measurable amount of height during the post crash rehab in the hospital. You probably don't know about this cause you are Australian. You Australians sided in the American's invasion of Iraq, therefore this information has probably been hidden from you by our government. It is widely known that Americans and French hate each other immensely, especially after the Lance stole the Tour, and we French wouldn't fight in their stupid war. You should google this topic and show your dad the data.

Drew (Andre' L'Jester)
Do a google search of French war victories and click I'm feeling lucky. Good thing you French wouldn't fight in our stupid war. :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
You could not be serious??

If so I've got a nice bridge to sell you and don't go out in the ocean where you can't see land as you'll fall off the edge as the Earth is flat :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

derwin.lau said:
I wanted to conduct a survey whether you think riding makes you taller or not...

Cause I wanna see the result, I had a bet with my dad... :p

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
well your body smashes down everyday becuase of the weight (were talkin fractions) anyway in theory just by sitting you alleviated some of the weight on your legs.....therefore your legs are not "smashed" down as much

·
Exploreur de Citée
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Not citizen yet!

dru said:

Drew (Andre' L'Jester)
Andre' L'Jester, tell you one thing from me... I'm Chinese background cause my parent are contonese. I come from Tahiti (French Polynesia), therefore I speak basic French for 10 years. :p I Ieft Tahiti 4 years ago, in 2002. But I still understand and write well. Speaking becomes harder cause without practices.

To be honest, I'm a Australian resident and please don't portrait me anything about war! I have nothing got to do with USA. Ok? :D

PS: By the way, I haven't watch the whole serie of "Le Tour de France 2006". "Et vous êtes français?" (Are you French?) :cool:

·
Old man on a bike
12,384 Posts
I thought you might still be growing. If cycling made me grow, I'd be playing in the NBA by now...

·
Exploreur de Citée
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
3 more days to go before the poll closes. I will be back with the conclusion with more of the result...

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you are 10 years old and cycle continually through your teens, cycling will certainly make you taller. On the other hand, if you cycle continually through your golden years, it will certainly make you shorter.

It's a scientific fact- 97.2% of all Frenchmen will agree with this.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts