Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i recently bought a minoura trainer and thought for easiness I would mount it on and old Ironhorse Outlaw I had lying around. The problem is that the trainer connects to quick release hubs and my Ironhorse is a "bolt" hub. Is there a way to convert it since the trainer came with a quick release axel?

·
Never trust a fart
4,543 Posts
Just use the wheel you have. As long as the ends fit into the trainer securely, you won't have any issues.

But if it doesn't work, you will need to replace the axle/cone assembly to one that is compatible with a QR.

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
ihaveaquestion said:
I have an idea! Tell me if this would work... Since my front hub is a quick-release hub what if I bring it to the shop and get then to just switch around the hubs? Is that possible?
:madman: :madman: :madman:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ihaveaquestion said:
I have an idea! Tell me if this would work... Since my front hub is a quick-release hub what if I bring it to the shop and get then to just switch around the hubs? Is that possible?
Hubs are specific to front or rear. It's also a lot of trouble to re-lace hubs to new rims which you don't need to do. What you need is new axles. Your local bike shop can convert your hubs to quick release pretty easily and it shouldn't cost much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.