Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the first Ritchey 650B MTB with a straight steerer tube and been running a 26" front Fox 32 fork. I would like to get an actual 27.5 fork so I can run larger tires. I am not sure anyone actually makes one, thoughts? Thanks!

PS would love a 120mm
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually emailed them earlier today. I did not see that fork listed on their site anymore. I know in the past Fox swapped out the lowers for people but when I called them they said they no longer make anything that would match.

MRP used to have that as an option on some,of their forks. The Loop if I recall. It couldn't hurt to reach out to them. I recently had a straight steerer replaced by them on an older WhiteBros Fluid 135.

· Registered
1,229 Posts
That is going to be tough to fine for a good fork, but you can get headsets that go from frame setup to be a straight steer to a tapper one.
Ritchey uses (used) a IS42 standard which is not compatible with those tapered fork conversions. You need a IS44 at least.
I see two options available now:
Rockshox Judy: link
Suntour Epixon (not a bad fork): link

I have owned both forks and both are fairly basic decent forks.

· Registered
640 Posts
Ritchey uses (used) a IS42 standard which is not compatible with those tapered fork conversions. You need a IS44 at least.
I see two options available now:
Rockshox Judy: link
Suntour Epixon (not a bad fork): link

I have owned both forks and both are fairly basic decent forks.
Oh I'm used to bikes with a IS44 which does work for the conversion, bummer that IS42 will not work.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man, I always wanted one when I was younger but could not afford it until later in my life. I built this one up when they first came out with the 650b. I think it was like 2012ish...
I also am only finding 27.5 straight steerer with a quick release in the front. I prefer a 15.

As others have suggested, Manitou Markhor, and should you want more damper tunability you can buy the ABS+ damper to upgrade.

Also, beautiful bike. I had an opportunity to snag one a while back, but didn't and missed out. Still haven't really got over it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.