Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Now broadcasting from CO
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at putting new tubeless rims on my bike, and I was wondering if anyone sold a light tubeless rim only. Not a full wheelset. It seems that Mavic doesn't sell tubeless rims alone, only in their wheelsets.

Jake

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
PAmtbiker said:
I have been looking at putting new tubeless rims on my bike, and I was wondering if anyone sold a light tubeless rim only. Not a full wheelset. It seems that Mavic doesn't sell tubeless rims alone, only in their wheelsets.

Jake
Actually, Mavic does sell UST rims seperately, the 819. They aren't light though, 515g. The DT Swiss 4.1d with the DT tubeless kit would be a lighter weight option.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Now with 3 more inches!
1,463 Posts
Thinking of trying the DT kit for my 4.1d rims. They recommend UST tyres but will my regular Blue Groove 2.1s work with sealant? Also, do I need to use a compressor?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
tigerdog said:
Thinking of trying the DT kit for my 4.1d rims. They recommend UST tyres but will my regular Blue Groove 2.1s work with sealant? Also, do I need to use a compressor?
The DT kit mounted up and sealed fine with just a floor pump. Without a tube, I would stick with tubeless tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.