Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is kind of backwards, but I'm looking for a frame to put on my sweet marz 55 ETA coil. I have a FR bike,and I am hoping to build up a "light" (30 lb or so) AM bike. I am looking at an intense 5.5. Does anyone have any experience with this combination? Thanks

·
Meh
284 Posts
Probably not too much help but I have a 55 ATA coming tomorrow that I'm putting on my 5.5. I think it should be an awesome combo.

·
Ride Hard, Ride Fast!!!
139 Posts
supermoto said:
OK, this is kind of backwards, but I'm looking for a frame to put on my sweet marz 55 ETA coil. I have a FR bike,and I am hoping to build up a "light" (30 lb or so) AM bike. I am looking at an intense 5.5. Does anyone have any experience with this combination? Thanks
Interesting, I have a 5.5 and I actually wanted to upgrade my for to the 55. I'm currently using an All Mtn SL.

I posted on the 5.5 Thread to see if anyone was running an 06 Z1 Light; I found a good deal on it and will probably run that. Use it at the lowest setting 130, and I should be good to go.:thumbsup:

·
Epicriderat
174 Posts
Marz 55 ETA or ATA?

I would be curious how the 5.5 handles the longer fork. I also want to run a 160mm on my bike. Are you looking at the ETA or ATA? The 55 ATA is a pound lighter and has travel adjust from 165mm to 125mm, that would help with the climbing ability not getting out of whack on the 5.5.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hye, i run my 5.5 with a AM1SL 2007 with travel (ATA) of 120-140mm.!

..... this is my face: :D !!!!

I think that the 5.5 warranty excludes fork with travel more than 140mm.!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts