Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
_
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run an 8 inch Hayes rotor up front on my 03 Marzocchi Z1 FR and am purchasing a MANITOU SHERMAN FIREFLY PLUS '05 (killer deal at jensonusa.com) and was trying to find out if an adapter is made for a regular QR, not a 20mm TA. Does anyone know if the 20mm TA adapter will work alright? I'm thinking that they might not sell it as a way to cover their arses because the powers that be don't recommend using an 8 inch rotor up front due to some mechanical failures over the years.

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

·
Bad Hand In Life
154 Posts
Jenson should have 8in adapters for post mounts (Manitou) for pretty much any brake they sell. But, you do need the 8in adapter for forks with a QR, not 20mm. Their is a different offset in forks with a 20mm axle; thus, a different sized adapter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hope M4 on Mint 3:00

bdee said:
I currently run an 8 inch Hayes rotor up front on my 03 Marzocchi Z1 FR and am purchasing a MANITOU SHERMAN FIREFLY PLUS '05 (killer deal at jensonusa.com) and was trying to find out if an adapter is made for a regular QR, not a 20mm TA. Does anyone know if the 20mm TA adapter will work alright? I'm thinking that they might not sell it as a way to cover their arses because the powers that be don't recommend using an 8 inch rotor up front due to some mechanical failures over the years.

Any input or advice would be appreciated.
I do have the 8" rotor and fixed Hope M4/6#(designed only for Boxxer), looks cool and it did function very well. But the only problems is not yet been luanched into the market, coz you have to DIY !!

Attachments

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
You can use the same 74mm post mount 8" adapter with a qr Manitou lower as a 20mm Manitou lower. The offset is the same. I have both lowers for my Sherman and swapping them and using the same adapter is not an issue. I actually used it on my Black before putting it on the Sherman with the qr, and then onto the 20mm.

My adapter is made by A2Z components. I got it off Ebay for 12 bucks and works flawlessly with all Shimano brakes. I don't know about Hayes though, although some people say you can use a Hayes adapter with Shimano.

They also make an 8" adapter for post mount to I.S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.