Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
XC CONVERT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shiggy....that makes it -5/-6 degrees. Then I would have to add spacers to bring it back up to where I would be comfortable. Not to mention it would look funny.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Thomsons new X4 is available in 0 rise but its only for 31.8mm bars. Like Shiggy said. You can run a ~5 degree stem upside down. Most of them now even have the logo printed in both directions so it doesn't look upside down if you flip it. ;)

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
wet3rd said:
Shiggy....that makes it -5/-6 degrees. Then I would have to add spacers to bring it back up to where I would be comfortable. Not to mention it would look funny.
But it would work. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
wet3rd said:
Well I was just browsing and decided to take a peak at this thread, and glad that I did.

GREAT suggestion Shiggy. I just switched out the stock 120mm, 6 degree stem and 25.4"/8mm rise HB that came with my Trance3 to a 100mm, 7 degree stem and new 31.4/25mm rise HB. When I had got my new REBA fork I had cut it an extra 3mm taller that stock (came using 25mm of spacers) and was trying it with 25mm and 30mm below the stem. When I switched to the shorter stem with greater rise I was looking for a way to run the stem using the same steerer length and not have to cut it, but found I prefered 20mm under the stem and was using 10mm spacer above . I tries Shiggy's suggestion and the height has come back the same using the full 30mm under the stem (had 20mm) and the sadle to HB distance is only .375"/9mm longer than using the stem "right side up"

I'll report back how it goes and feels, personally I think it's cool to basically have a level/flat stem.

·
XC CONVERT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well.....I just decided to flip my 6 degree stem (for the hell of it) to see how many spacers I would have to add to make it comfortable agin.

Guess What? It felt perfect without the spacers and flipped -6 degrees! Problem solved. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.