Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
injured reserve list
619 Posts
It's 26" so maybe it was left there on purpose.:)

I do hope the owner can be found though...

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Left on the side of a hwy?
Does it look like it fell off a roof rack or something? Looks clean in the picture.

I’ll take it and make sure it lives a good life if the owner cannot be found.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Whereabouts? Generally speaking I mean. Was it near the bay area? People that live near the bay area consider themselves NorCAL, but people that live many hours north are left out. If it was near the bay area (general region) I have no idea why that bike would be found road-side.

Were there other random components near by? Like from another bike or 2?

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,581 Posts
That is really awesome they found it. Since the MTBrs are usually 1 to 2 degrees of separation from each other, I'd bet he gets it back.

Reminds me of a story I heard recently where a few friends of mine left their house early in the morning, before sunrise. It was dark. Drove all the way to their destination, which was several hours away, and when they arrived, the tailgate of the truck had swung down and each of their bikes had fallen off.. Talk about nightmare..

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
That is really awesome they found it. Since the MTBrs are usually 1 to 2 degrees of separation from each other, I'd bet he gets it back.

Reminds me of a story I heard recently where a few friends of mine left their house early in the morning, before sunrise. It was dark. Drove all the way to their destination, which was several hours away, and when they arrived, the tailgate of the truck had swung down and each of their bikes had fallen off.. Talk about nightmare..
I brought 2 bikes to the Sea Otter the year before last and drove off with one of them laying on the ground in the crowded parking lot. About a half hour away I only saw one handlebar in the rear view. I drove back to find it completely alone in the Wolf Hill parking lot. We hugged and I apologized. Hopefully this owner gets the Turner back. Looks like the rack failed,

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,581 Posts
I brought 2 bikes to the Sea Otter the year before last and drove off with one of them laying on the ground in the crowded parking lot. About a half hour away I only saw one handlebar in the rear view. I drove back to find it completely alone in the Wolf Hill parking lot. We hugged and I apologized. Hopefully this owner gets the Turner back. Looks like the rack failed,
Feel good story of the year right there..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.