Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Rush Carbon 1 and the extra 20mm of suspension are tempting, although our climbs in Costa rica are steep and long, I dont want to have a heavier bike.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
It's so light, they had to make a wrist strap for so it won't float away when you crash................................................:p

OK, maybe I'm stretching it a bit, but IIRC 24 lbs. Cdale usually weighs their mediums. However, Cdals had my 2006 M Prophet at 31.6 lbs, but when I left the shop (still stock) it was 31.4 lbs. It's under 28 lbs now. Although, there does not seem to be too much you could do to get the Rize 1 much lower. Maybe xmax slr rims, an XTR 11-32 cassette, a carbon seat post, and some tubeless ready tires (with Stans) could maybe get you 400 gr less.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
ziscwg said:

OK, maybe I'm stretching it a bit, but IIRC 24 lbs. Cdale usually weighs their mediums. However, Cdals had my 2006 M Prophet at 31.6 lbs, but when I left the shop (still stock) it was 31.4 lbs. It's under 28 lbs now. Although, there does not seem to be too much you could do to get the Rize 1 much lower. Maybe xmax slr rims, an XTR 11-32 cassette, a carbon seat post, and some tubeless ready tires (with Stans) could maybe get you 400 gr less.
I'd be really interested in seeing your build list. My buddy has a Prophet, and he whines constantly about trying to keep up with me and my 20lb Anthem (on the climbs - he rails me on the downhills) . We've been talking about ways to lighten it up, but if he could see it in writing, he'd probably be a little more keen.

On another note, I had a look at the build list for the Rize1, and I saw a few ways that could have it under 22lbs pretty easily, and not compromise the rideability in any great way for my 80kg purposes.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
BlownCivic said:
I'd be really interested in seeing your build list. My buddy has a Prophet, and he whines constantly about trying to keep up with me and my 20lb Anthem (on the climbs - he rails me on the downhills) . We've been talking about ways to lighten it up, but if he could see it in writing, he'd probably be a little more keen.

On another note, I had a look at the build list for the Rize1, and I saw a few ways that could have it under 22lbs pretty easily, and not compromise the rideability in any great way for my 80kg purposes.
My current prophet build:
Wheels/Tires: Xmax ST Lefty front, King/819 with Fun Bolts on my rear. Spec Eskar and Fast Trac (both tubeless)
Drive train: X9 grippies and RD, Stock LX FD, XT 11-34 cassette. Sram 991 chain. Stock FSA crankset and BB (this is going away soon along with the LX FD, moving to XT M770)
Cockpit stuff: Spec Alias Ti saddle, Thom Elite seatpost, Easton Monkey light bars. Time ATAC pedals
Brakes: Margura Martas 200/160

That's kind of funny about your buddy. I ride with a guy who has a 24.5 lbs Spec Carbon Epic. He usually beats me up the hills, but I usually beat him down them. I have been training and getting better. I can now stay within 150 ft or so on anything 2 mi and under.

Getting the Rize1 down under 22 lbs, Oh, do tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.