Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting some adapters made up so i can put my wheels in my truing stand but i need to know the actual diameter of the bolt that goes thru the axle

i have the front 9mm and the rear 10mm dt rws set up but need the actual diameter

can anyone help

cheers mick

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
firestarter said:
im getting some adapters made up so i can put my wheels in my truing stand but i need to know the actual diameter of the bolt that goes thru the axle

i have the front 9mm and the rear 10mm dt rws set up but need the actual diameter

can anyone help

cheers mick
Why not just leave the skewers in the wheels?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because i cant. its not the type you can do that. its a hozan one where side nip up and hold on to the hub edge bits so that why i need them making

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
firestarter said:
because i cant. its not the type you can do that. its a hozan one where side nip up and hold on to the hub edge bits so that why i need them making
Obvious question #2. Since you have the wheels and skewers, why not measure them yourself?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
firestarter said:
as i dont have any measuring calipers and need it exactly spot on? any more ?
1. I doubt it needs to be "spot on." The truing stand will adjust for minor differences, as it does for front vs rear axles.

2. That the whole thing to the machinist and let them worry about it. If I was making it I would not guaranty fit without having the wheels.

3. I would just find a wooden dowel or metal rod/tube of the right diameter and cut it to length. Hobby shop have brass tubing in a wide range of diameters. Does not need to be fancy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its just the guy making it wanted exact diameter and hes in u.s.a and im in uk so bit of a pain.

the rod idea might be a goer tho tbh ill have to look into it

cheers

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
firestarter said:
its just the guy making it wanted exact diameter and hes in u.s.a and im in uk so bit of a pain.

the rod idea might be a goer tho tbh ill have to look into it

cheers
Personally I would probably just stick a pencil through the hub and call it good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts