Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any rough trails around the Sunnyvale baylands? The park itself just has simple, flat dirt trails. I'm looking for some narrow, technical trails.....

Oh, and is there anyone else that rides around the baylands area?......

:???:

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
um.. no trails whatsoever, just the flat fire road/levy break jogging trails that you talk about, and (more flat) paved bike trails from there.

You can look around and there are no hills in any direction for many miles. except for the local landfill.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Grrrah summed it up. There are too big salt evaporation ponds to ride around and a little hill that used to be a landfill. I do hill repeats up it sometimes. There's nothing technical. I ride there a lot because it is on my route to work and I can get in a few extra miles by riding around the ponds. Lots of cool birds to look at.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, lots of cool birds. I found a weird bird just shivering at a bridge. I poked it w/ my shoe (lightly), no response. I toss a few pieces of gravel (lightly), no response. So, I just ride onto one of the trails, then it flies away.....

Well, are there any technical areas near Lakewood village?.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are no technical singletracks but I have ridden baylands quite a bit, its close for me so I have explored most of the levees.
There is the 4.5 mi loop by the smart station and a 9mi loop in alviso.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.