Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do a search in the Shocks and suspension section. I have seen several posts recently were people are having trouble with the Dual position system. it drops done to 120 and wont come back up.

Its a shame because I was getting ready to order a Dual Position, but after hearing of the problems I think I am going to just get a Dual Air.

·
Huffy Rider
1,401 Posts
Same thing, different name. I had a rev dual air, single pos on my bike that just got stolen. I will be replacing it with the same, a rev dual air, single pos. I don't want the headache of the dual pos failing. Great fork out of the box BTW!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fix the Spade said:
Serious question, is dual position air any different to 2-Step?
From what I understand RS had problems with 2-Step and it appears from some of the threads in the shocks forum (thanks DenJen) that they are having probs with the dual position forks.

I've decided to go with the Dual Air forks, I like my Reba's with the dual air function and I don't think I'll get enough use out of the dual position function to warrant taking a chance on their reliability which seems sketchy.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
TheRed said:
From what I understand RS had problems with 2-Step
I am well aware of the 2-step system and it's reliability, I processed warranty claims for several sets of Lyriks that had decided 115mm was all the travel they ever wanted.

I', wondering if dual position air is any different mechanically to 2-step. If it's the same thing with a different label then avoid. 2-step forks have never been as reliable as the fixed or U-Turn models.

·
Upgrade your life
313 Posts
denjen said:
Do a search in the Shocks and suspension section. I have seen several posts recently were people are having trouble with the Dual position system. it drops done to 120 and wont come back up.

Its a shame because I was getting ready to order a Dual Position, but after hearing of the problems I think I am going to just get a Dual Air.
Sucks to hear this. Especially with my Revelation Dual Position arriving tomorrow...

·
Registered
135 Posts
My dual air Rev was a nightmare, new O rings didn't fix the leaks either. Maybe the new ones are improved but it was common problem, I tossed the thing and bought a Sektor air, which I really like so far.

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
djball said:
My dual air Rev was a nightmare, new O rings didn't fix the leaks either. Maybe the new ones are improved but it was common problem, I tossed the thing and bought a Sektor air, which I really like so far.
Dual air or dual position?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
i have to say rock shox does make it confusing with all the similar names for all the technologies. They got a bunch of construction technologies with dual.......dual air, dual position air, dual flow adjust, long travel dual air. haha. my understanding is the dual position air and dual air are sprung totally different.

i have heard good things about the dual air fork and not the dual position air.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,I own RS DulaPositionAir and have problem with loosing travel on downhill sections. It was broken OOB. :( My friends fork has the same problem OOB!

Guys, how many of you owners of DPA have this problem? And how many of you havent?

I've search for solution for this problem but without success. :(

Is anybody here who can help please?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I've search for solution for this problem but without success. :(

Is anybody here who can help please?
Get in touch with SRAM/Rockshox warranty, either through the shop you bought from or contact them directly (get email from RS website).

Don't know anything about the DPA internals, my advice would be to ask about getting a solo or dual air spring fitted instead. I know that means you lose travel adjust, but you won't miss it if the fork works instead.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Get in touch with SRAM/Rockshox warranty, either through the shop you bought from or contact them directly (get email from RS website).

Don't know anything about the DPA internals, my advice would be to ask about getting a solo or dual air spring fitted instead. I know that means you lose travel adjust, but you won't miss it if the fork works instead.
Here in Europe is RS support not so strong as in US :( I haven't tried warranty, because this error is only reproducible fork fitted on bike and fork was ordered form shop in Germany.

I've disassembled this thing and found nothing suspicious that may cause that failure. All o-rings are OK, no scratches, nothing... :(

DA assembly is my reserve plan, but why RS sells rubbish? This is not the first case of this type of failure, It was discussed here on mtbr too.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Mine fixed itself after a few rides... I can't tell what was the cause or fix. Looks like the check valves of the mechanism get stuck or something.

At any rate and in hindsight, get the Sektor Coil U-Turn and upgrade the damper side instead. It may be cheaper though not as light.

DPA was hit or miss. I can't tell if RS fixed it nor not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine fixed itself after a few rides... I can't tell what was the cause or fix. Looks like the check valves of the mechanism get stuck or something.

At any rate and in hindsight, get the Sektor Coil U-Turn and upgrade the damper side instead. It may be cheaper though not as light.

DPA was hit or miss. I can't tell if RS fixed it nor not.
Lucky one! :) I have seen you posts and analyses in another thread here, where have you tried to workaround this problem, I hoped that you have found that magic in it! :(

I've done some experiments with check valves. Disabled that one (blended this hole on DPA rod with tape, and made from it quasi solo air fork) you supposed to be the cause of all problems, but it wasn't that! Problem persists with moded fork too. Picture of modification attached.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.