Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I just bought some days ago a brand new Cane Creek Double Barrel for my Intense Tracer in 200/57 mm.
I tried it out 2 times and have to say its awesome to ride but I did not know that my girlfriend and my parents bought a new uzzi frame as a x mas gift. So I will built up my tracer the real lightweight stlye with 32 fox etc.

The Bushings etc is all made for the Tracer, you only will have to put out your "old" shock and replace it.
If you want I can also sell it with a new RCS Titanium Spring in 550.

I payed 650 for the CCDB + 250 for the TI Spring. Will give it away a lot cheaper!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spring size

schumi said:
curious though...not to offend the OP, why is it that your spring is so short (height). i have the same CCDB for my Tracer VP, and I only have around ½" of thread visible after spring preload.
hi schumi. it depends how the spring manufactures makes them. for example the TI springs from obtanium are shorter thatn the usual springs...its only important that the spring is made for the correct hub!

how are you satisfied with the ccdb? do you feel a lot of pedal feedback when going uphill?

cheers

·
Registered
200 Posts
hi cracker...i've been using CCDB for quite some time. used to be with my 5.5, and now with the Tracer VP. pedal feedback will normally come out when climbing on a very low gear, where there's less chain tension...which VPPs are designed. I did a quick spin on my local trail, adjusted it with more LSC & more LSR...better climbing though. Still tweaking once I go to a different trail...that's why always bring your CCDB tool along with u and a couple of cans of beer once u'r on top. CCDBs are designed well for user adjustability...adjust it the way u want it, if u'r not satisfied...adjust it more 'til u get the right feel. i heard Malcolm is offering custom valving...if u got the dough, it's worth trying.

all in all...I'm quite satisfied, no negative reviews on it. the only thing I don't like is once it goes for service, I'll be using the stock RP23...and this shock annoys me big time on downhill.

sorry about question your spring height...haven't used obtanium springs. first Ti spring I got was when Cane Creek used to sell it, and now currently using RCS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.