Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
824 Posts
true

dlpj said:
So that's a fireroad in the mountains, right?

Damn! I'm good... ;-)
Funny, I've been on that trail one time and knew where it was from a glance. I find the attraction to the WCT puzzling at best. It's definitely not "all that", especially since one is never really "out there". Views of PC, HC and SLC along with all of the ski area equipment leave a lot to be desired. Sure, it's a fun ride and close to a metro area, but lots of places have that going on. Why isn't there a Rubios Grill at one end of it?

Now this trail is definitely "out there", with a 3,500ft drop in 6 miles, all on narrow and uncrowded singletrack:

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
J.D. said:
Funny, I've been on that trail one time and knew where it was from a glance. :
That view after that climb must make some impression, because I was sure that was where it was too.

Possibly also because it was only a couple of days ago when I was trying to find/track it on the satellite images on Google maps.

Memorable day though. Woke by a moose, good ride, singlespeed sympathy, elk steaks, beer.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
awesome picture of mountain trail

That fireroad trail on the mountain look absolutely awesome. I wish there is a trail like it in my city, Toronto, Canada. I love mountain trails.

·
No. Just No.
5,368 Posts
Picard said:
I wish there is a trail like it in my city, Toronto, Canada. I love mountain trails.
No problem. Try the Centennial Park garbage dump, er... I mean ski hill in Etobicoke. Just kidding!

If you know where to look you can find (for Toronto) some reasonable little climbs and views over Lake Ontario winding up and down the Scarborough Bluffs from just past the south end of Birchmount all the way over to the Rouge. The entrances aren't always obvious though. They mostly just look like more small parks, but some of them have fireroads all the way down, and even a bit of singletrack here and there. About half of the time is on roads to connect the trail segments, but it's better than nothing in the city.

The closest you'll find to mini-mountains with trails is about 2.5hrs drive out of Toronto to Collingwood to the 3 Stages trail network. Everything else nearby is the proverbial pancake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.