Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
air pressure for a rockshox recon silver solo air fork is? i see that for a 225+lbs rider it says 175+psi. what is the max psi a rockshox fork can hold? i posted this in the shocks/suspension forum but got no feedback. spanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
since mine doesnt have a lockout i was hoping to make the shock as firm as possible. i do most of my riding on the pavement/road with a little bit of dirt roads. nothing crazy as of now since my work schedule doesnt allow it. i weigh 300 pds at the moment so i was wondering what the maximum amount of air pressure would make it ok.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Sell Recon and buy a rigid fork if you do all your riding on the road. I never understood the point of buying a mountain bike for mainly road riding. A CX bike will do 10x better for "pavement/road with a little bit of dirt roads".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Straz85 said:
Sell Recon and buy a rigid fork if you do all your riding on the road. I never understood the point of buying a mountain bike for mainly road riding. A CX bike will do 10x better for "pavement/road with a little bit of dirt roads".
i never said i will do all my riding on the road. i just cant hit the trails here because of my work schedule which can change. i bought a mountain bike (sc chameleon because it looked sturdy for my big ass) because ultimately i'd like to do some real mountain biking. buying a nice rigid fork is out of the question right now becasue im located in mexico and there really isnt much options for one.

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
frdfandc said:
Give SRAM a call. They will tell you.
+1, If you worry about warranty then you should contact them with the same question you asked here. Email is best because you'd have in for the record in case later it fails you'd have prove that you follow the suggestion of the manufacture.

I still don't recommend using that fork for anything other than its intended use. If the recommended sag is 20%-30% then the firmest setting I'd do is 20% using the equipment outside its range of what's it designed for is just never a good idea. It may be not as firm as you'd like but it is what it is. Even if your fork has lock out it's not a good idea to put it on a lock out all the time as it would create unusual wear and tear.:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.