Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5 x 5
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I need to go from an 06 Marzocchi All Mountain 1 with postmount to a Hope Mono Mini made for IS. The Mono Mini is pictured on my current fork, a Marz Marathon XC, which had a brake tab that matched the mini's orientation.

I checked Chain Reaction Cycles website (CRC seems to be the best stocked Hope supplier) and couldn't find the adaptor I suspect I need.

Anyone been through this before? All help appreciated.

Attachments

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
MrMountainHop said:
Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I need to go from an 06 Marzocchi All Mountain 1 to a Hope Mono Mini. The Mono Mini is pictured on my current fork, a Marz Marathon XC.

I checked Chain Reaction Cycles website (CRC seems to be the best stocked Hope supplier) and couldn't find the adaptorm I think I need.

If you need to mount up a post mount caliper on a IS fork, just get the adapter from Hayes or Avid. Those should work fine. Otherwise, you'll have to get a new caliper half.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
OOOOHHHH. Sorry, I misunderstood. There's an adapter, but I believe it requires a larger rotor (by 10mm or more). Otherwise, you'll have to do new caliper halves.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
They do make an adapter, it requires going up 20mm in rotor size though so it depends on what your'e running now.
Larry
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
There are IS fork mount to 74mm caliper post mount adapters available. There's a bunch of them as this is a conventional setup for many brands like Hayes, some Shimano, and Avid which only make 74mm post mount calipers. However going the other way around is a bit more tricky. There are adapters but they require a larger rotor. The fork posts stick out too far for an IS caliper to be converted to use a standard 160mm rotor. You'll need to go minimum 170mm rotor size (only shimano makes this size rotor and adapter) or more standard 180mm/203mm sizes.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
MrMountainHop said:
Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I need to go from an 06 Marzocchi All Mountain 1 with postmount to a Hope Mono Mini made for IS. The Mono Mini is pictured on my current fork, a Marz Marathon XC, which had a brake tab that matched the mini's orientation.

I checked Chain Reaction Cycles website (CRC seems to be the best stocked Hope supplier) and couldn't find the adaptor I suspect I need.

Chain Reaction does carry what you need. If you live over here in the Americas, Universal carries them too. Like Larry said it requires a 20mm increase in rotor size.

·
5 x 5
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all

Appreciate your insights.

I was considering going to a 180 mm rotor anyway, so I think that's what I'm going to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts