Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else planning on squeezing in a ride tonight? The sun just came out 2 mi from Skyline and the ground doesn't look too wet. Just wondering if I'm crazy or if anyone else wants to tag along.

BTW the weather report isn't much help

noaa.org said:
Late Afternoon: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 74. Southeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
I'm either fine or drenched.

·
Registered
188 Posts
so....

did you go?

I've got a group that wants me to join them dodging rain drops tonight, but I'm concerned about trail damage after all the rain.

My legs are itching for a good ride - just looking for some feedback on conditions.

M

·
Registered
644 Posts
I was in ringwood yesterday and I got hosed.......I had one of those big blck clouds dump on me for about 20 mins......very wet.....there was a lot of wash out as well.....there was a lot of rain this weekend.....;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard thunder at 5 so I waited till 5:30 to go. It was lightly drizzling the whole time, but what really got me soaked was brushing up against bushes. I know I should have waited a day, but I just picked up a new rig on Sunday and was dieing to see what this whole all mountain bike thing is all about. (ie I was curious if I just blew 2k ;-) )
The ground was soft but, there weren't any really bad spots, or at least nothing worse than normal. I went up and down the yellow trail to the lake twice, around the lake once, and across the road and up the cannonball trail aways once. Overall the only place there was some bad puddleing was around the lake. The sun has been out for the past two hours so if the weather holds the trails should be fine by this evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts