Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of heading to Crested Butte next week (Thursday & Friday). One of those days, I was hoping to ride Doctors Park one of those days. Ive ridden it once and we shuttled up to the river. Ill be by myself this time and would kind of like to avoid riding the road up to the river.

are there any shuttle services that would shuttle me? anyone have an idea on cost?

or on the off-chance any locals want to drive me up for a 6 pack or something. i also thought about just trying to wait at the bottom and hitch a ride to the top but that seems like i might be waiting a while.

anyways, your thoughts?

·
Registered
744 Posts
https://www.coloradobc.com/bike-shuttles

You also might join the facebook Crested Butte community forum and post there to see if you might be able to get a ride: https://www.facebook.com/groups/645750745560038/
This is interesting: "**For 2019, the USFS has decided to not allow un-guided bike-specific shuttle services until the Crested Butte Area Master Recreation Plan is complete.**"

A 4x4 shuttle to the top of the entire climb would be pretty sweet.

However, having to climb lots of the trails around CB is one of the things that keeps it from getting too crazy. Although, they should at least allow 401 and Doc park road shuttles.

·
na
77 Posts
I am also looking for another person or group to shuttle Doctor Park. We are 2 riders in a Tundra coming from Albuquerque. Hoping to ride next week Tuesday or Wednesday Aug 20/21. Also willing to pay someone who will drive our truck, or ride with us.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am also looking for another person or group to shuttle Doctor Park. We are 2 riders in a Tundra coming from Albuquerque. Hoping to ride next week Tuesday or Wednesday Aug 20/21. Also willing to pay someone who will drive our truck, or ride with us.
i never ended up finding anyone, so i started riding up the road. the 2nd truck i saw, i held out my thumb and got picked up by a couple friendly dudes from Texas who were going up to fish. i was prepared to ride up the road, but glad i didnt have to. haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.