Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a youtuber that is trying to put together a video on how many people wear gloves mountain biking.

I am not trying to self promote just trying to get accurate info so the video is correct and not false info.

So if you would spend 1 minute telling me a few things that would be awesome, just tell me down below in the replies.

I wear gloves on every ride
I wear gloves on some rides (not all)
I own gloves but don't use them all the time
I don't own gloves and never wear them

What type of riding you do?
Enduro
Trail
XC
Downhill
Road
(anything else)

Where you live
Don't give your address just country or state so I can graph it out

Thank you so much for your time!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, always wear gloves. I ride year round, 0-95 degrees, in Mass.

I ride a lot of technical XC/Trail with lots of rocks and roots. I go down a lot less than I used to, but attribute a lot to better bikes and tires.

·
Registered
40 Posts
MTB (trail/xc) - Yes. Every ride. Long finger, regardless of temp.
Road - Yes. Every ride. Short or long, depending on temp.

I'm in So Cal.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I wear full finger gloves on all my rides, without fail regardless of weather just the same way I always wear a helmet on xc/trail and also occasional road miles.

Based in the North West of England. 🇬🇧

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am an xc/down country rider and commuter. I always wear gloves when not commuting. When I’m commuting I will go without when it’s hot. Really it’s foolish because I wear them for protection on the trails and commuting on pavement is probably a worse place to crash. I’ll probably start wearing them at all times.

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
Occasionally Cranky
5,157 Posts
I always wear gloves, except when I don't. No kids yet, so I guess my system is working.

(riding type nonya bidness)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Full finger on the mtb and fingerless on the road. Id ride bare handed on the road but I get sweaty and things get slippery

Reactions: gnewcomer

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Yes I do. I'm in SoCal and wear full finger gloves on every ride. Gloves, glasses, and my helmet are the only protective I wear.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Full finger on the mtb and fingerless on the road. Id ride bare handed on the road but I get sweaty and things get slippery
Same here. full finger on the MTB and fingerless on the gravel bike. I also always were thick wrist sweat bands, year round. They really do a good job from keeping my hands from getting soaked.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts